Responsible for supervising and managing activities directly related to the daily business needs. Has strong working knowledge and understanding of overall business practices including impact to MBO's (Manage By Objective). The activities of concentration will include, but are not limited to the following areas - direction and leadership, daily work load, quality, cross training, skill development and time off approval/hours worked. This position requires limited supervision and is also required to exercise moderate discretion and independent judgment by developing, analyzing and delivering simple to complex information. Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of 2 or more employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals, and maintaining schedules. Recommends hires, terminations, finalizes performance appraisal recommendations, and recommends compensation/job classification adjustments. This is a second shift position reporting from 5:45 pm - 2 am.
- Provide direction to functional area to meet internal customer demand.
- Must be able to complete all tasks within the respective functional areas.
- Ensure all Work Instructions and SOP's required for the functional areas are followed.
- Ensure all required tooling for the functional area is utilized.
- Troubleshoot and provide status updates on ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning Systems) system transactions.
- Prepare and communicate shift turnover.
- Understands workload constraints and willing to flex in and out of area as demand changes.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
All candidates must have legal authorization to permanently live and work in the United States without visa or employer sponsorship.
- MS Office Applications, JDE, PeopleSoft, Storm, Agile, and Data Collection experience is beneficial but not necessary.
- Employee must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills are necessary.
- Presents themselves in an appropriate manner and acts as a role model.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent GED is required.
- 1-3 years warehouse experience is required.
- Previous supervisory experience is desired.
Plexus isn't perplexed by even complex contract electronics manufacturing. The company develops and manufactures electronic products...