Primary Purpose of Position:
Ensure a safe environment for the students and other employees through effective hiring, development, supervision, and retention of quality Team Leaders, AM/PM Shift Managers, and Youth Counselors.
Position Requirements :
An employee in the position of Group Living Director must possess one or more of the following:
A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum two (2) years experience working with juveniles and a minimum one (1) year of supervisor experience.
Two years of college with a minimum three (3) years experience working with juveniles and a minimum two (2) years of supervisor experience.
At least 5 years experience in treatment of juvenile offenders preferred. It is an essential function of the job that staff must be capable to participate in physical training activities and be capable of physically restraining the students if and when necessary.
No criminal convictions within the previous five years which are felonies, crimes against youth, domestic violence, assault, or violation of the Wyoming Substances Abuse Act.
Meet employee annual training requirements in the following subjects: physical restraint, child abuse recognition & reporting, medication systems, suicide prevention, and safety procedures hands on training by working in a residential site.
Maintain current certification in First Aid and C.P.R.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The Director of Group Living’s performance will be rated based upon:
- Implement and monitor programs on an ongoing basis to assure optimum functioning.
- Hire and supervise staff; arrange for orientation and ongoing training; and set standards of performance.
- Serve as the primary trainer and mentor to Group Living Leadership Teams.
- Assure that students receive individualized and appropriate treatment.
- Serve as a professional consultant to treatment.
- Oversee security and control procedures for the facility.
- Conduct training and give speeches related to program philosophies and techniques.
- Assist in proportion of budgets.
- Create positive relationships with the community and associated agencies.
- Complete monthly program evaluations.
- Handle emergency situations.
- Conduct weekly inspections of all units to ensure compliance with safety, sanitation and hygiene practices.
- Perform an important role within the Wolves Club to ensure its growth and productivity.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Job Knowledge/Skills
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Time Management
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Self Development
- Management Principles
- Development/Evaluation of Subordinates
Sequel Youth and Family Services - 16 months ago