Other Sales and Marketing
United States - California
South San Francisco
Manager with Direct Reports
Who We Are
At the Roche Group, about 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 30 years, using human genetic information to dtevelop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. The headquarters for Roche pharmaceutical operations in the United States, Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech, where we believe that our employees are our most important asset and are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Group Market Planning Manager Global Product Strategy
Leads a team of 3 International Business Analysts (IBA) that participates actively in global commercial planning efforts by providing unbiased, objective, in-depth information about current and future markets, product performance, customers, and competitors. Additionally, he or she identifies critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborates with Roche/Genentech teams, and works to embed an external market point-of view into the strategic direction of the company. This individual will be both a manager and an individual contributor.
This role is a global role based in South San Francisco and he or she is required to travel nationally and internationally.
- Provide an objective commercial viewpoint based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of commercial information.
- Lead team to proactively assess external marketplace/other related factors to support strategic decision-making
- Define/oversee various Strategic Analytics projects and other work completed by team
- Ensure provision of strategic insights/recommendations; enabling business?partners/stakeholders to make the best-informed decisions regarding their strategies, plans, etc.
- Develop/manage operating budgets and other resource requirements
- Hire, develop and oversee the work of direct/indirect reports
- Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Roche/Genentech ?activities
- Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings?
Who You Are
- Effectively manage a team of highly driven professionals. Motivate, develop, and retain top talent.
- Grasps key issues quickly, understands the ""big picture"" and links market research findings to larger issues.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Can see hidden problems; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Uses creativity and ingenuity to develop solutions to complex problems, formulates strategies and approaches which may fall outside historical norms.
- Strong commitment to quality. Consistently and thoroughly reviews work for accuracy before sharing with a wider audience. Delivers final products that are well vetted and reliable.
- Demonstrates persuasive written and verbal communication skills. Is effective in a variety of presentation settings. Is comfortable around higher management.
- Can deal with ambiguity and act without having the total picture, is able to effectively pose questions in order to “tease out” information required for decision-making. Can handle risk and uncertainty
in the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industries
- Bachelors Degree (Biology or Social Sciences discipline is a plus) *MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred (Masters or PhD in life sciences preferred)
- Average of 6 or more years' work experience
- An average of 5 years' specific previous experience in business development, strategic consulting or other analytical work
- Previous people management experience
- Some previous experience in oncology is a plus
- Previous experience with pre-launch drugs is a plus
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding qualitative, as well as any relevant quantitative, targets and
APPLY DIRECTLY AT OUR WEBSITE
- Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings
Sales Careers Online
- 2 years ago - save job