We have an immediate position available for Group Media Director in our Orlando, FL office.
MMGY is looking for an experienced media strategist to lead our growing Orlando-based media team. Our ideal candidate is a dynamic professional capable of directing integrated media strategy for clients in the tourism and hospitality sector. This position will take a lead role with key agency strategists in related disciplines to create holistic marketing programs that generate measurable results. They will also be responsible for the hands-on management of a team of media planners, buyers and coordinators. The ability to lead by example and drive a high-energy team motivated by doing great work is imperative.
The Group Media Director will spend the majority of his/her time doing the following:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Stategic Media Account Leadership
Recruitment and Team Care
- Guide the development & execution of integrated media strategies (including print, broadcast, digital, B2B) on key accounts within MMGY’s travel client portfolio.
- Guide metrics-based planning initiatives that are informed by a solid foundation of knowledge of our clients’ key business objectives
- Attend and strategically contribute to client planning meetings
- Assist in developing overall strategic media approach with all media disciplines (traditional, trade, etc.) and present media strategies and recommendations to clients
- Analyze campaign performance data and communicate key outcomes to client and internal agency staff
- Pull together rates, negotiate packages and partnerships and maintain productive, high-level partnerships with key vendors
- Oversee implementation processes with planner, buyer and coordinator and manage day-to-day media team operations
- Stay on top of industry trends and new media opportunities, and foster innovative thinking in the media planning group
Department Profitability and Growth
- Exemplify commitment to high standards of professionalism and quality, and maintain an environment in which that is the standard expected of every team member
- Assist in the development of training curriculum for new employees
- Research and recommend training programs for ongoing team education
- Mentor and manage team of Media Planners, Buyers and Campaign Managers to achieve employee goals
- Collaborate with media leadership team on management of departmental meeting & communications
- Make recommendations to media leadership team on account assignments and workload management for the Orlando-based media team
- Establish and maintain a presence within local agency/marketing organizations to position MMGY media department as a leader in the industry and desirable place to work
- Work with SVP, Integrated Media Strategy to ensure client profitability and understand how media contributes to overall agency income
- Assist with the scheduling of inter-agency trainings for media team and facilitate cross selling of agency services (i.e. promotions, social media, analytics, pr)
- Work closely with agency leadership and business development teams to identify, pitch and close new business opportunities
- Close collaboration with the Managing Director, Orlando, to identify key staff/agency strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in the Orlando office, and manage to these factors according to the company’s aggressive growth plan
- Minimum 7-10 years in a media buying, planning and strategic marketing role, agency experience preferred;
- Knowledge of a variety of media buying & syndicated research programs;
- Experience with digital media and travel and/or tourism industries a plus;
- Must be a strategic thinker with the native ability to place media programs in the context of our clients’ bigger picture marketing objectives
- Attention to detail and the ability to work in a team, collaborate with and influence others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (including presentations);
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Four-year BA degree in marketing or business is required
Reports to: S VP, Integrated Media Strategy
Please email cover letter, resume and links to personal social media profiles along with salary requirements to:
VP, Human Resources
MMGY Global - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard -