This job is responsible for monitoring and administering the Inventory Control functions for the Truck Division and stores for NMC ensuring the right part and the right quantity is in the right location.
1. Develops a measurable and attainable parts metric system for individual employees and for the branches. Influences and motivates employees to consistently deliver sales and promote value added services to our customers.
2. Reviews and analyzes a large variety of inventory-related reports, including stock order, non-stock/made stock, replaced parts, shipping/return exceptions, unadjusted demand, and daily returns reports. Compares inventories to system records and resolves discrepancies. Determines amount of stock needed in branch and orders/transfers parts via appropriate method as needed.
3. Acts as point of contact for inventory-related questions identifying, researching and resolving problems, errors and discrepancies associated with inventory reports.
4. Manages inventory stock levels, ordering parameters, etc. for Truck Parts. Establishes and maintains management of relationship with third-party aftermarket part suppliers and providing communication of newly established programs, parts availability and pricing levels.
5. Establishes and monitors parts sales efforts across the group, maximizing sales and profits in all locations.
6. Assists parts counter sales with any new procedures associated with parts and service specials developed internally. Assists is Parts look-up and purchasing of parts not in stock for Service Department.
7. Understands and manages inventory control system functions and parameters to include training, educating, troubleshooting, creating how-to guidelines, providing reports on, identifying needs and recommending updates to inventory control system.
8. Monitors and administers inventory control functions for Truck Service Van parts. Ensures right part and right quantity is in right location.
Secondary Job Functions:
1. Provides back-up support to Part personnel in the field
2. Travel to NMC branch locations periodically with some overnight expectations.
3. Monitors and process vendor surplus returns
4. May perform other duties as required.
Knowledge of application of various types of Truck equipment and parts services/sold within NMC.
Basic knowledge of Accounting principles.
Knowledge of DBS or experience working with an inventory control database preferred.
Basic accounting knowledge preferred.
Knowledge of inventory management principles, including parts life cycle, Poisson distribution, turnover, fill percentage, emergency fee expense, etc.
General knowledge or aptitude of basic mechanical equipment preferred.
Self-motivated and ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities.
Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, etc.
Ability to work well as a team member.
Ability to travel 20% of time.
Written and verbal communications skills, along with positive, professional, and friendly communication skills required.
Skills in time management, organizing and attention to detail.
Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
Education and Experience:
High School diploma and/or equivalent required; Associate’s degree in Business-related field preferred.
Minimum of 3 years of parts sales, service or inventory control experience within similar industry (construction/truck/diesel engines/agriculture required.
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or membership in any class protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
NMC, Inc. - 23 months ago