Intuit is a leading software provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers, financial institutions and accounting professionals. You probably know us by our flagship products, QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, but that's just the start. We recently acquired Mint.com, and we’re taking on exciting challenges, such as SaaS and mobile applications. Over 50 million users, seven million small businesses and 1,600 financial institutions depend on Intuit because we innovate at the crossroads of real customer problems and breakthrough technology. Join us and let your ingenious ideas be heard.
Come join Intuit as part of the Central Technology Organization team as a Group Quality Manager. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the world does business.
The position can be based out of Mountain View, or West Lake Village CA
Your Opportunity at Intuit:
The QA Manager is responsible for managing a team of Software Quality & Performance engineers in the CTO Development organization working on our data connectivity platforms. Responsibilities include the tactical and strategic execution of Quality Assurance initiatives and driving operational excellence for the connected services to deliver an "always on" operation, year round, at the right cost functions, while at the same time developing a world-class team through strong leadership skills.
- Leads QA team through all phases of quality activities in the SDLC
- Responsible for initiating, developing and driving the adoption of product and process improvements throughout the development lifecycle.
- Effectively Influences others to ensure appropriate levels of quality on owned deliverables(s)
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with internal development teams as well as with remote development and quality teams.
- Need to influence and collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, architects, and product development as well as other engineering teams and operations teams in partner organizations both inside and outside of Intuit
- Understands industry best practices and recommends where and when to apply them on both an immediate, and long-term basis to improve quality and efficiency
- As appropriate, participate in the Inspection process for any type of project deliverables, including code, to ensure quality.
- Participates in root cause analysis efforts for defects and provides process improvement suggestions to eliminate future occurrences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Learn more about our award winning workplace and how we give back to our local and global communities. Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. How far can you think? www.intuitcareers.com
- 7-10 years experience leading and building Teams; 3-5 years of QA experience and test automation development and strategic implementation experience in a Saas, or PaaS environment
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of QA best practices and methodologies and their application in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience building automation frameworks and testing in multi-tier web service applications and platforms in high transaction and highly available environments.
- Experience with agile software practices, early defect removal techniques, and test driven development.
- Has a proven track record for developing people, teams, and strong partnerships with other functional and remote teams.
- Understands object oriented software development principles and design patterns using programming languages such as Java, C++, or C# and technologies like Oracle, MySQL, JBOSS, EJB, etc.
- Experience with or management of performance engineering activities; including scalability, stability, and stress testing of applications using industry standard tools and custom developed software
- Experience in test automation and test automation infrastructure using VMWare technology
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization and with remote teams/organizations
- In-depth understanding of the perspectives and needs of the customers for the software components supported.
Be innovative… Be yourself... Be Intuit …
Intuit - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Intuit: Going Beyond Innovation
As the world evolves, so do we. Yet we remain driven by our passion for inventing solutions to solve...