The Customer Support Manager is primarily responsible for providing management oversight to 3-4 Customer Support Team Leaders. Ensuring high-quality and efficient customer service to customers through the daily management of Team Leaders and their teams to include coaching, motivating, training, and problem solving. This includes managing 2nd-level escalated customer and personnel issues as well as metrics analysis to evaluate performance and identify trends. In addition, this position is key in identifying and implementing process improvements and managing implementation of support for new products.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Lead and direct a team of 3-4 Team Leaders and 35-50 call center customer service agents in inbound technical support contact center environment.
- Collaborate to improve policy/processes with a focus on the customer experience.
- Motivate and inspire team members to achieve performance goals.
- Accurate and timely review & reporting of team data.
- Provide creative ideas that will improve employee performance and increase efficiencies.
- Continued development of leadership staff.
- Management of performance incentive budgets and promotions.
- Set goals and provide guidance to the team leaders, to successfully achieve revenue and customer goals.
- Manage the overall direction, development, and performance of the teams supported.
- Set team performance standards and goals to meet revenue and call volume quotas.
- Manage real time staffing levels and scheduling to optimize performance and utilize time appropriately
- Interview and select new associates.
- Complete team member performance appraisals.
- Lead the reward and recognition programs for the teams supported.
- Develop and formally counsel employee performance and conduct.
- Facilitate regular team meetings and talent reviews to keep a pulse on team issues, group problem solve and inform teams of pertinent changes.
Resolve customer complaints, escalated issues and day-to-day questions
- team members incur while handling calls. Participates in call activity as needed.
- Contribute and work collaboratively with other departments to quickly resolve customers concerns.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other business departments/leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Three years of management experience preferred.
- Experience in service-to-sales environment preferred.
- Strong understanding of customer service standards and work process methodologies – previous customer service experience.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and interact effectively in a calm professional manner with all levels of the organization. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must be flexible, agile and adaptable.
- Must possess strong work ethic. Positive, proactive with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work a with a high degree of independence
- Must possess strong organizational, time management, and effective decision-making skills with the ability to manage projects and follow-thru to completion.
- Proficient in computer functions, Microsoft applications and working with multiple screens.
Constant Contact - 18 months ago
Constant Contact makes sure businesses never lose touch with their most important customers. The company provides small businesses with...