***ONLY THOSE IN OR NEAR ORANGE COUNTY NEED APPLY. THANK YOU.
T.E.A.M. Group Sales Manager
The Group Sales Manager is a fully competent individual who has experience in the sales process and function of planning events. Responsibilities include selling guest rooms, banquet space and other T.E.A.M. services to customer groups, managing accounts, and generate business. Duties also include preparing and presenting effective proposals, maintaining well organized documentation and reports, utilizes T.E.A.M. systems and coordinates customer service requirements as appropriate. The Sales Manager will also participate and may lead event meetings, sales and other staff meetings. The Sales Manager also works as a team member with the event planners and executive staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following duties, other duties can be assigned:
- Increase profits by increasing number of group events sold through aggressive sales efforts.
- Conduct a successful, aggressive solicitation process involving outside sales calls, inside appointments, telephone calls, individual letter and direct mail. As a pro-active sales manager, 80% (eighty) of time is to be spent in active sales solicitation. Responsible for maintaining a sale quota as assigned by management.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual marketing plan, including the action plans covering assigned market segments.
- Understand the wants and needs of the market segments assigned.
- Take good notes and update CRM regularly to ensure proper documentation is taken and follow up appointments are set.
- Send proposals on all leads which fit the profile of property and actively follow through to convert from proposal to closed status.
- Clearly outline on booking sheets client's room block requirements, suite requirements, meeting and banquet space requirements so that the planner can accurately book event.
- Collect initial deposit from group via T.E.A.M.'s online invoicing system.
- Assist the C.E.O. on special projects as assigned
- Prepare all weekly and monthly reports as required by the C.E.O.
- Responsible for preparing and providing sales call reports and weekly itineraries of planned sales calls to potential customers.
- Maintain a weekly sales quota of outside calls, telemarketing calls, and on campus appointments with potential clients.
- Gather event requirements and research venues, create group packages, send proposals
- Invoice and follow up with potential clients to collect initial deposit
- Managing sales activities to achieve and exceed assigned revenue objectives
- Generate new business
- Outgoing and incoming phone calls/ Customer service
- Show high level of professionalism on phones
- Manage time effectively
- Participate in board meetings and give feedback
- Build lasting relationships with the clients (Student organizations)
- Be available via phone, text, and email during weekend events
- Participate in lead generation activities with the Sales department
The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management: Communicates changes and progress; Manages project team activities.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership: Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Delegation: Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Influences actions and opinions of others effectively; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People: Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies client/customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products, and services; Works to improve supervisory skills continually.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Dependability: Follows instructions and responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments and exhibits good follow-up skills; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- High level of integrity and character
- Desire to succeed in a competitive environment
- Strong customer service focus
- Team builder installing trust and respect
- Quick thinker, good speaker & sense of humor
- Bias for results and action -- getting things done
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to build long term relationships and trust
- Self- accountability
- Ability to drive team enthusiasm (energy, leading by example)
Analytical skills, business acumen, business ethics, change management, conflict resolution, delegation, leadership, managing people, problem solv¬ing, and strategic thinking are important competencies for this position.
- Tele-Sales experience
- An understanding of the college Fraternity and Sorority system is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and sales experience.
- The ideal candidate would also have at least 1 year of successful sales management experience.
- Must possess an aggressive, competitive and dedicated attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with both internal and external clients at all levels of the organization.
- Results-oriented approach to both selling and sales management.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task and manage a dual role requiring both management of a staff, as well as that of maintain personal sales goals.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Passion and ability for effectively building business relationships.
- Commitment to providing world-class service to both internal and external guests.
- Energetic, positive team player with an optimistic outlook and attitude.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated time management and creative problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Minimum of one to two years related experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Proven successful sales record
- Phone sales
- Candidates should be extremely creative, innovative, detail oriented and organized
- Ability to affectively negotiate contracts with hotel management
- Strong work ethic and desire to succeed
- A true desire to understand and anticipate the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, goal and deadline oriented
- Self-starter, inspired by ideas but team oriented
- High energy, fun and creative
- Able to articulate ideas easily, capture others' ideas and express self clearly
- A keen eye for innovative marketing schemes to an internal audience, the importance of brand and campaign management
- Experience with Office tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- An interest in emerging technologies a plus
- Hotel experience and a thorough understanding of all levels of Hospitality
- Previous experience as group sales manager in hotel or third party event planner preferred
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, strong developer and trainer and effective in providing exceptional customer service
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commis¬sions, and percentages.
Ability to use word processing software, spreadsheets, email, and Internet. Must understand how to navigate and post to Facebook, Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn, and Blogs. Familiar with contact management software preferred.
The work environment described here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabil¬ities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment should always be positive, energetic, and fun. Our services is producing memories and showing thousands of clients a great time, let's mimic that within our own environment.
3 step interview processes will include:
- Initial Phone interview
- 1st Face to Face
- 2nd Face to Face
Indeed - 12 months ago
T.E.A.M: Founded in 2008 T.E.A.M. has become the #1 Greek Formal Event planning site in North America. As an innovator in group planning...