each brand and product as needed by CBI.
- Assist in procuring the appropriate wine grapes for
teams through wine tasting evaluations, vineyard visits,
- Develop strong working relationships with winemaking
and Grower events.
observations for grapevine phenology, pruning, training,
- Monitors and conducts vineyard evaluations and
irrigation, crop levels, insect and
vertebrate pests, and grapevine pathogens. Interacts
with Growers to implement viticulture management
practices to improve wine quality
for CBI brands and products.
Contract Administrator, to assist in the maintenance of
- Provide current grower and vineyard data to the
all grower records, contracts, and
statistical reporting and help ensure its accuracy.
Understand and utilize Grower Relations databases for
contract set-up and
maintenance, grape supply/cost evaluation and analysis,
and harvest scheduling. Maintain accurate vineyard map
books for Grower
the grape market.
- Have an understanding of pricing and availability in
timely. And are accurately entered in to our database.
- Ensure that annual crop estimates are, accurate,
grape harvesting schedules and deliveries during
- Assists in coordinating with Growers and Wineries the
harvest. Assists with the
supervision of seasonal field staff. Provide
and manage the timely collection of grape maturity
samples to wineries during harvest. Liaises with
winemaking team at harvest to evaluate
vineyard conditions and to assess the flavor ripeness
and physiological development of Grower vineyards.
Director, plan annual grower functions for specific
- In conjunction with the Grower Relations Manager or
regions and/or wineries. Represent
CBI in Regional Viticulture and Winemaking groups or
associations as appropriate.
targets for assigned wineries; oversees existing grape
- Sourcing of all grapes needed to meet production
contracts and negotiates pricing.
Provides written farming plan for grower for review and
agreement. On an annual basis must attend two
informative grower seminars/tastings
i.e.: Peirce’s Disease, cover crops, rootstock
selection, trellis and spacing).
SKU involvement (Winemaker to assist with the grower
- Individual Grower Tastings based on wine quality and
selections). • Schedules a
minimum of eight – vineyard fiel visits each to all
assigned winery grower and estate vineyards during key
growth stages (i.e. pruning, bud
break, bloom, shatter, and verasion).
growers and Estate Vineyards (Grower Relations,
- Develop individual grower notebooks (4) for all
Winemaking (2) and Supervisor.
Notebooks to contain field visits observations, maps of
purchased blocks, block acreage and crop history.
Coordinates with Supervisor and
Winemaker(s) ten joint field visits.
growers ensuring that both growers and the winery
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with
understand each other’s objectives.
Provides technical assistance and makes technical
recommendations to grower.
sampling process. Coordinates sampling activities for
- Schedules daily meetings with winemaking to determine
harvest;coordinates grape deliveries for growers.
the grape harvest; coordinates annual Grower
- Completes by December 1st of each year a summary of
research within the industry to enhance expertise.
- Participates in continuing education programs and
policies and practices which are economically viable,
- Responsible for compliance with CBI sustainability
socially acceptable and
environmentally sound. This is done by supporting
programs at each location for conservation, energy
efficiency, and recycling, which
are critical for our operations to achieve tangible
safety programs and policies to safeguard personal
- Safety-follow safe operating procedures, support
safety, company property,
environmental and team member’s safety.
work extended hours during the growing season (April
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to
– October) Ability to work outdoors in hot and cold
occasional trips to off-site meetings, office,
- Significant time spent driving to vineyards;
vineyards, various other locations
Open Date : 2013-04-25 14:00:00
Division/Department : Operations--Grower Relations
Skills : Marketing - > Business Development,
Sales - > Cold-Calling, Territory Management, Outside
Administrative Support - > Microsoft Excel, Microsoft
% of Travel Required : 30-40%
Constellation Brands - 21 months ago
Constellation Brands, Inc. is an international producer and marketer of beverage alcohol with a portfolio of wine brands complemented by...