RJMetrics is looking for a Growth Engineer to invent the technology that will fuel our growth.
At RJMetrics, we inspire and empower data-driven people with powerful hosted software. Hundreds of high-growth e-commerce and software as a service businesses use our analytics platform to collaborate and make smarter decisions using data.
RJMetrics is backed by some of the most successful technology investors in New York and Silicon Valley, but we are Philly born and raised. We are located in the heart of Center City Philadelphia in convenient proximity to all major rail lines.
We are experiencing a period of explosive growth, and the Growth Engineer will get to work on projects that will directly enhance that growth. Our existing growth tools deliver hundreds of thousands of potential new customers to our sales team and power our popular PR hacks that regularly hit the top of Hacker News. A successful candidate will make it his or her personal mission to relentlessly build new software that will contribute to the growth and success of RJMetrics.
Most of our growth and marketing software has been built on Ruby on Rails, AngularJS and PHP. However, you’ll have the freedom to select the appropriate tech stack for a project based on its requirements, not based on legacy code. Previous experience with Ruby, Angular and PHP is not a requirement, but dedication to quickly learning the tools necessary for a particular project is.
The life and responsibilities of an RJMetrics Growth Engineer include:
When you join our team, you will work closely with senior members of both the marketing and development teams to design and manage software that will inform strategic direction, promote our brand and fuel growth. As our company continues to grow, you will help us hire more people like you to build a team of growth-obsessed hackers. But for now, you will be designing and coding in a relative greenfield, building tools that will directly impact our trajectory as a company.
- Comfort traversing the entire stack and project lifecycle, sometimes all at once
- Being ready to move quickly to learn new tech, deploy MVPs and iterate
- Stitching apps together with gems, libraries and webhooks to get to launch ASAP
- Gathering feedback directly from the end users and implementing immediate changes
- Source control using git, project management and milestone tracking with Trello and Github
In return, you will get to enjoy the perks of working at a fast-growing technology startup. These include:
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options
- The ability to build your own working environment with whatever hardware, software and furniture you need to be most effective
- Perks including ping pong and foosball, a kegerator with delicious local brews, awesome company outings, hackathons, weekly catered lunches, and much more
- The ability to shape the future of one of Philly’s most promising and fast-growing companies
- A passion for data and startups.
- A passion for using technology to fuel startup growth. If you’ve never heard the term “growth hacker”, Google it.
- Comfort with all levels of software development, including AWS instance management, source control best practices, testing, deployment, and everything in between.
- This is a full time position located on site in Center City Philadelphia.
We power data-driven decisions by making data understandable and actionable. We do this by selling hosted business intelligence software to...