We’re looking for a Growth Hacker who is part product manager, part marketer and all hacker and has a passion for aggressively scaling consumer services.
Shopkick is the largest real-world shopping app. It lets users treat themselves while shopping. All they need to do is walk into stores, and they earn points (like miles) that are called kicks, just for walking in. No purchase is necessary. In addition, shopkick shows users great products at stores, and rewards users for engaging with products at stores. Within three years from launch, 5+ million users signed up in the U.S., as well as 13 retail partners at over 7,000 large stores in the U.S., including Target, Macy’s, Old Navy, Best Buy, Crate & Barrel, American Eagle, Sports Authority, Toys”R”Us, Simon Malls and others, and 75+ brands (P&G, Unilever, Kraft, Levi’s, HP, Intel).
Shopkick’s vision is to fundamentally transform shopping at physical stores for consumers by making it more rewarding, entertaining and personal, using mobile phones’ location awareness, unprecedented personalization capabilities, and social/viral features. It is based in Redwood City, founded by mobile and consumer experts, and funded with $20M (Series A and B) by Kleiner Perkins and Reid Hoffman/Greylock (founder and Chairman of LinkedIn, and Partner at Greylock).
Shopkick addresses the no. 1 issue of all physical retailers: driving foot traffic. Fast Company named shopkick one of the Top Ten Most Innovative Companies in Retail by Fast Company, along with Amazon.com, Apple and Starbucks. The Wall Street Journal ranked shopkick one of the Top 10 Apps among 500,000 on Apple’s App Store. Visa and MasterCard became strategic partners for purchase verification, so shopkick can now reward users for walking into stores as well as for purchases.
Shopkick is creating the future of how consumers shop.
New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/17/technology/17app.html?src=busln
Bloomberg TV: http://www.bloomberg.com/video/81757816-shopkick-software-aims-to-boost-u-s-store-visits.html
Target national rollout: http://upstart.bizjournals.com/companies/rebel-brands/2012/05/23/target-fights-mobile-with-mobile-with-shopkick-app-added-nationwide.html
We're looking for a Growth Hacker who wants to be a part of a team that creates mobile experiences that dramatically improve the way people shop in the physical world.
We're looking for an individual who is part product manager, part marketer and all hacker and has a passion for aggressively scaling behavior-changing consumer services. This individual will help lead the growth charge with quick iteration and ruthless prioritization of initiatives that identify and capitalize on scalable channels for user growth.
- Define, test and evaluate growth initiatives
- Lead a cross-functional growth hacker team responsible for helping drive user growth through experimentation and prototyping
- Work with engineering, design and the rest of the product team to execute initiatives
- Tinker with platform APIs and help create industry-leading growth tactics
- Analyze and report growth success to the management team
- Do whatever it takes
Fluent and comfortable with SQL, statistics and experimentation techniques
- BS in computer science or equivalent technical degree
- A love of finding and utilizing unrealized, “out-of-the-box” techniques
Experience and track record of driving massive user growth at a consumer-facing startup
Very technically adept and comfortable hacking around
- Ability to seamlessly transition from high-level creative brainstorming to conducting and analyzing experiments and sweating the details
- Deep understanding of large social and commerce web platforms, SEO/SEM, social and viral mechanics
Team-focused and highly collaborative
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- An equally creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excited about challenging yourself every single day