Performs security work in the protection of property and facilities against theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and other destructive activities.
• Will greet Museum visitors, check out keys, assist with inquiries and patrol galleries.
• Alerts appropriate staff to building maintenance needs, the arrival of repair/delivery personnel, and escorting to secured areas.
• Reports incidents of injury regarding the public and staff to the appropriate personnel.
• Assists facilities personnel with the setup and dismantling for meetings and seminars as needed.
• Responsible for monitoring galleries, doing a gallery checklist, and insuring that gallery information guides are available for visitor use. Counts and enters daily reports on visitor numbers.
• Reports problems regarding safety hazards or maintenance issues to the appropriate staff for timely repair. Monitors conditions of fire extinguishers to insure proper working order.
• Logs in items for lost and found; appropriately receives and distributes mail.
• Opens and Closes Museum; including disarming/arming of alarms, lights, videos, etc.
• Performs duties related to Security of Museum.
• Overtime for special events.
Proficiency in written and mathematical processes as may be reflected by the completion of the tenth grade plus one year of security, customer service, public relations or related experience.
This is a Security Sensitive Level I Position: Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check and may be required to be fingerprinted.
• Ability to react calmly, quickly, and accurately in emergency situations.
• Meet and communicate effectively with the general public.
• Interpret and understand oral and written instructions.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Work week varies from Monday through Sunday with overtime a possibility.
Strength; stamina; physical flexibility; reaction time; whole body steadiness; manual dexterity; hearing; and visual acuity. Sitting; standing; walking; kneeling; crouching; squatting; and twisting upper body.
Hourly Pay Range
9.99 - 14.12
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.