The World Class Museum of Science and Industry is seeking individuals who can utilize excellent customer service skills and interact with guests onsite or over the telephone to sell Museum admissions, exhibits and memberships; engage guests in a positive, fun, inclusive and educational capacity. This individual will provide compelling and personalized information while recommending event/show times to help build fun and amazing Museum experiences. Also, will perform core operational functions of ticketing system, Wayfinding, and opening and closing of Museum’s ticketing operations. Cross-trained to be able to work at all Ticketing and Call Center positions, as well as to work in the Entry Hall area, Lost and Found, Coat Check, and at all ticketing kiosks.
- Provides enthusiastic and efficient customer service by answering questions regarding Museum exhibits, special attractions, providing directions and assistance, to enhance the guest experience.
- Anticipates guest issues and is empowered to proactively solve guest issues and needs.
- Has the curiosity and excitement to learn special attractions, exhibit content and price structure to efficiently increase sales numbers.
- Has the ability to build personal relations with Museum members/guests to encourage repeat visits.
- Participates in team meetings to create and discuss new sales tactics.
- Partners with Guest Operations/Guest Experience to ensure real-time traffic flow is being communicated to ensure positive museum experiences.
- Processes all transactions on the Museum’s ticketing system according to Museum policies and procedures.
- Accurately balances monies through ticketing system.
- Assists guests that appear or are lost, or guests with any issues or problems.
- 1 year college experience or 1-2 years related or relevant experience.
- Previous cash handling experience required.
- Prior computer experience a must/familiar with basic Windows operations, Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Successful customer service experience.
- Prior telephone experience preferred.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
- Ability to multitask (i.e. explain Museum content while actively completely ticketing transactions).
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment while being friendly and outgoing.
- Ability to work in multi-working areas (i.e., Group Center, Membership, Lost and Found, Coat Check, Ticketing and Call Center)
- Requires weekends, holidays, and some evenings.
- Has the curiosity to learn Museum content and culture and is able to communicate that to guests in an engaging and inclusive way.
- Has the ability to learn, comprehend and utilize the Museum’s Ticketing and Call Center systems to ensure efficient and accurate transactions.
- A positive attitude required, strong love for working with people in a fun, inviting atmosphere.
- Must be flexible in working in multiple environments, such as the Call Center, Membership, and onsite Ticketing.
NPO.net - 2 years ago