• Work with program staff to select materials and supplies and order all requested items
• Manage material storage areas, including unpacking and inventorying shipments, organizing supplies, preparing for upcoming programs as necessary
• Create and manage a system for tracking supply usage and facilitating ordering
• Coordinate with program staff during planning to ensure all materials will be available as needed for program dates
• Work closely with Finance Department on purchasing and invoice tracking
• Work closely with Receiving Dock and Facilities teams to receive and move materials to storage and/or programming spaces
• Assist program staff with setting up for scheduled programs, including room arrangement, materials set up, and technology as necessary
• Ability to divide time effectively; prioritize tasks between different teams; working on tight schedules and varied projects
• Inquire about availability of discounts and/or deals with vendor
• Keep track of expenditures for each budget line/program
• Assist with creating, editing and mailing guest comment card letters
• Assist with guest recovery strategies and solutions, including calling guests and other resolutions as necessary
• Assist with other administrative duties, including meeting room arrangement, event planning, and data entry as necessary
• Maintain departmental responsibilities (meetings, email, phone, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned
Mandatory Job Qualifications
• Two year degree and/or 1 to 3 years related or relevant experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to work with all levels of museum personnel and outside contacts.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel required and willingness to learn other office software as needed.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.