Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2013-2014 school year, 26 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 23 states and expect to serve more than 40,000 students from across the U.S. The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Connections Learning is an online learning provider that delivers a full range of quality, affordable, and turnkey online learning solutions to institutions and individuals. Bringing personalized and flexible learning to students everywhere, Connections Learning products combine a proven curriculum, the latest instructional tools, certified teachers skilled in online instruction, and state-of-the-art technology. Feature products include: online courses; online summer school; homebound student solutions; credit recovery; the Connexus™ digital learning platform; 21st Century Skills courses; a STEM package; online speech therapy; blended/hybrid programs; and virtual private and public school programs. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services. Connections Learning is a division of Connections Education LLC. For more information, call 888-440-2890 or visit www.ConnectionsLearning.com .
Blended learning is the cutting-edge combination of face-to-face and online learning that provides students with a “greater than the sum of its parts” educational experience. In the Fall of 2013, seven (7) new blended learning charter high schools opened in Indiana Ohio and Michigan – in Indianapolis, Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Royal Oak, East Lansing and Grand Rapids, respectively. These schools will together provide more than 600 students in grades 9-12 with a personalized path to college- and career-readiness.
Group fitness instructor: Nexus Academy of Columbus, a college preparatory charter high school is seeking on a per diem basis, prospective group fitness instructors to teach exercise classes of 10-20 students in areas like Yoga, Zumba, Kickboxing, Pilates, Martial Arts, Dance, and other classes would be considered. Experience and/or professional fitness certification required. This is a per diem position without benefits, currently offering $35/hr, and must be able to pass a criminal background check. Hours and dates are flexible based on availability and school needs. Please email your resume and send any questions to the Nexus Academy Lead Trainer AJ Krey at: firstname.lastname@example.org . For further information on Nexus Academy, please visit nexusacademyschool.com
• Motivate groups of students in specialized exercise activities from such disciplines as cardiovascular exercises (e.g., aerobics, cycling, Zumba), strength training, and stretching (e.g., calisthenics, isometrics, yoga);
• Encourage students to attend weekly classes;
• Engage students of all skill levels and encourage active participation;
• Maintain the highest amount of professionalism at all times;
• Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations governing sports, recreational activities and the use of exercise equipment;
• Administer emergency first aid or referring injured persons to physicians; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• One or more certification(s) from the following list: (CSCS, NSCA, NASM, ACE, ISSA, ACSM, NFPT, RYI), 4 year degree in Exercise Science, and/or the equivalent experience.
• Group Fitness experience preferred
• Enjoy working with urban teenagers
• PE certification a plus
• Strong communication skills
• Successful completion of criminal background check required
Connections Academy - 4 months ago