Ongoing Need for Temporary Guest Logistics Agent at the Port of Miami
Position Summary: The Guest Logistics Agent works directly with the public and is responsible for providing service in all facets of the debarkation/embarkation aspect of the cruise experience. Pay of $9.00/hr. Ongoing need.
Must be willing to work between 9am and 4pm.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Provides service in all aspects of the debarkation/embarkation process as follows:
- Greets all guests/visitors to the terminal with a smile and welcomes them to the Cruise Lines; fosters a welcoming and friendly atmosphere at all times.
- Answers general questions in an accurate and pleasant manner; takes the initiative to assist each and every guest.
- Behaves and treats other employees, guests and the public in a courteous, cooperative, respectful and professional manner.
- Provides guests with pertinent information regarding boarding and sailing.
- Moves the lines with strategic speed and coordination and ensures that all booth personnel are remaining available during peak hours.
- Shows flexibility by performing any and all additional duties/projects assigned by supervisors on a daily basis.
- Follows all policies and procedures.
Job Prerequisites and Requirements:
Must be able to perform duties standing up 100% of the time; ability to lift up to 30 pounds and push a wheelchair.
- Sets up terminal and/or booths by arranging required furniture, computers, equipment, manifests, and other materials
- Maintains open and clear communication via radio with shipboard personnel (where applicable)
- Assists guests in locating luggage and completing lost luggage forms, if necessary; controls the flow of traffic in the luggage area.
- Controls the flow of traffic throughout the terminal, including walkways, gangways, and elevators/escalators; directs guests accordingly
- Controls the flow of traffic through all Customs, Check In, and Security lines; directs guests accordingly Assists and escorts any wheelchair bound or physically challenged guests throughout terminal and onboard the ship.
- Greets and welcomes guests upon arrival to terminal; answers guest questions.
- Checks cruise documents and photo identification of all guests/visitors entering the lobby; ensures only verified guests and visitors enter the terminal. Greets and assists all eligible Priority guests in the Captains Lounge; ensures integrity of VIP program is not compromised.
- Greets and logs all non sailing visitors; issues visitor passes in accordance with the visitors policy.
- Clears and cleans workstations and/or areas by the end of each day and ensures all paperwork had been turned in to appropriate personnel.
Position requires 0-1 year experience in customer service; travel industry experience is a plus.
PC literacy and strong typing skills required.
Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent English verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
The ability to work effectively in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment, and handle pressure well.
Ability to work on Saturday and Sunday.
AP Recruiters & Associates - 21 months ago