POSITION: Guest Relations Manager
REPORTS TO: Director Of Events
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a guest relations manager at the Cox Convention Center & Chesapeake Energy Arena. The Guest Relations Mananger is under the supervision of the Director of Events this position is responsible for directing and managing the entire Guest Relations & Event Security departments to ensure we are providing World Class Customer Service to the guests at the Chesapeake Energy Arena and Cox Convention Center. The Guest Relations Manager will supervise an Assistant Guest Relations Manager & Security Manager as well as 350-450 Guest Relations Supervisors and Representatives and Event Security personnel in providing Guest Relations & Event Security during games for the Oklahoma City Thunder and Oklahoma City Barons, as well as other entertainment events scheduled at the facilities. This position administers the Guest Relations & Event Security functions on a full-time basis through delegation and attendance at events, often requiring work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, and supervising Guest Relations & Event Security team members.
• Order, maintain, and monitor Guest Relations & Event Security equipment and inventory
• Coordinate all Guest Relations & Event Security duties and activities.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures for Guest Relations & Event Security staff.
• Conduct pre-event briefings including event details and special requirements.
• Work closely with tenant Guest Relations & Event Security management regarding their special needs and programs.
• Coordinate with Guest Relations & Event Security supervisors for sign in and release of team members.
• Ensure that all Guest Relations & Event Security policies and procedures are followed
• Responsible for overall crowd management for events.
• Work in conjunction with the ADA coordinator to ensure the needs of guests with disabilities are met and ensure overall ADA guidelines are in compliance.
• Supervise all guest relations representatives and supervisors, providing guidance before, during and after events.
• Assist with last minute and/or emergency patron needs.
• Assist with last minute pre-event needs, such as setting-up, decorating, finding materials, marking chairs, etc.
• Provide special accommodations for wheelchairs and other physically challenged patrons, senior citizens, students and groups.
• Receive and resolve guest questions and concerns.
• Ensure guests feel welcome by greeting and seating guests in the arena in a friendly, professional manner to assure a positive impression.
• Act as a resource and host to guests visiting the Arena by maintaining a working knowledge of our facility and special events.
• Respond to all guests’ concerns/complaints in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
• Serve as the main point of contact for all guest requests/needs and then pursue the issue to a resolution.
• Enforce all building policies and procedures during an event to assure safety and security for all.
• Exhibit courteous hospitality at all times and be proactive in every area.
• Work cooperatively with all staff members.
• Respond to and investigate incidents/inquire with witnesses on scene.
• Serve as a resource for patron complaints and Guest Relations Supervisors & Event Security and Representatives concerns/issues.
• Responsible for producing post event reports and tracking trends.
• Provide public assistance with lost and found.
• Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
• Provide timely, appropriate feedback and perform oral and written counseling both positive and corrective for team members.
• Complete performance appraisals as needed.
• Ensure accurate employee timekeeping and payroll is completed for all employees.
• Assist all other departments as needed
• Maintain and enforce SMG appearance standards.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
• Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in Guest Relations.
• Two (2) years in a supervisory capacity
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
• Operate standard office equipment including copier, typewriter and fax machine.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
• Travel minimal.
• Available to work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, co-workers, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Must be able to work well independently and able to hire, train, manage, and motivate others.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills required.
• Must be able to successfully handle multiple priorities in high stress situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – the physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• This position may require working outside with exposure to extreme heat or weather conditions
• Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time including walking long distances and stairs.
• May be exposed to moderate to extreme noise during events.
• Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Cox Convention Center & Ford Center
One Myriad Gardens
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
SMG World - 20 months ago