POSITION: Guest Service & Security Manager
DEPARTMENT: Event Services
REPORTS TO: Assistant General Manager/Director of Events
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Guest Services & Event Manager at the Rabobank Arena, Theater and Convention Center. The Guest Services & Event Manager coordinates and plans all aspects of guest services and security functions at Rabobank Arena, Theater and Convention Center, San Joaquin Community Hospital Ice Center of Bakersfield, Bright House Networks Amphitheatre, and other areas as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Oversee all aspects of guest services, security and safety for all SMG-managed facilities.
• Hire, train, schedule and supervise full-time and part-time guest service and security staff.
• Handle duties and problems associated with the assigned supervisory responsibilities such as evaluating employee’s performance, recommending promotions, raises, terminations and disciplinary matters, etc.
• Develop monthly schedule with the Assistant General Manager/Director of Events.
• Schedule and interface with police and EMT staffing and supervisors.
• Conduct pre-event briefings for event staff as required.
• Assist guests in locating assigned seats or area of use.
• Provides general information about venue or event as needed.
• Checks for credentials and allows access as required or designated.
• Addresses patrons concerns and refers them to the appropriate personnel for resolution.
• Make reports as necessary, whether event incident or otherwise.
• Produce billing statements for each event, and compile necessary data for event staff payroll to be submitted to Director of Finance as required.
• Maintain inventory of staff uniforms, equipment, etc.
• Direct the Safety Committee for all SMG-managed facilities.
• Develop, implement and update security and safety plans for all SMG-managed venues.
• All other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
This position supervises event staff including security supervisors and the 24-hour guard.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Minimum three (3) years security experience in a supervisory or management role for a multi-purpose facility required.
• Excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills necessary.
• PC Windows Applications, including Word Processing and Spreadsheets.
• Associate Degree in Criminal Justice or Police Academy training preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Strong customer service skills
• Good verbal, interpersonal relations and writing skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management
• Ability to deal tactfully in stressful situations
• Ability to work irregular hours including, nights, weekends and holidays
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will require a large amount of walking, climbing, stooping, and possibly heavy lifting. Position requires work in both indoor and outdoor settings.
This position may be subjected to adverse conditions, including contact with hostile people.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Rabobank Arena, Theater and Convention Center
1001 Truxtun Avenue, Bakersfield, CA 93301
FAX: 661-861-9904, EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity; Affirmative Action Employer M/W/V/D
SMG World - 19 months ago