Experience and Qualifications:
- Assures that front desk is covered and maintained at all times.
- Reviews arrivals and departures for guest preferences to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Checks guests in and out of hotel and summons bellman or other assistance if needed.
- Informs or checks with housekeeping on checkouts, sleep outs, vacancies and service need of guests.
- Provides information and acts as a resource of services to guests or hotel visitors by making restaurant reservations/suggestions, arranging car services, giving directions, etc.
- Responds and acts on guests complaints, service or security problems.
- Posts and adjusts charges and information on all folios and accounts and provides appropriate backup to Financial Services.
- Maintains and accounts for assigned cash bank and front office cash record on daily basis.
- Operates switchboard and handles telephone calls and wake up calls, as required.
- Receives and acknowledges reservation requests, cancellations and changes.
- Distributes mail, faxes, messages or packages to registered guests or hotel personnel.
- Communicates guest requests and issues to the proper departments, (i.e. Housekeeping, RSC, Financial Services, etc) via the guest service recovery log.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as required.
- College Degree
- Previous experience in a customer service role
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written.
- Strong, positive and energized professional presence
- Proven team player and results oriented.
- Direct experience as a front desk agent.
- Epitome knowledge.
- Hospitality degree.
- Fluency in one of the following languages: Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese or German.
Denihan Hospitality Group - 18 months ago