Guest service oriented
Strong computer skills
To serve as the main point of contact for all guest requests and needs. Agent will be interchangeable within the traditional roles of a PBX attendant, and front desk agent. The agent must exhibit courteous hospitality at all times and fully own each issue. When in communication with the guest, the agent must be proactive in every area, including offering additional services. The agent must be seamless in the transition within the areas mentioned above. The agent must be able to work as an AYS agent and Front Desk agent during a scheduled shift. Most importantly the agent must coordinate the response to the guest issue and then follow up with the guest to ensure complete satisfaction with the result. The main functions of Guest Service Associate are to handle all incoming and in-house calls via the switchboard, input data into GuestWare, Check guests in and out, and complete the daily checklists.
Front Desk related duties:
- Have knowledge of hotel, hotel staff, and hotel services, including the hours of operations for all departments involved and in the surrounding areas. Has a thorough knowledge of guestrooms including: location, views, amenities, features, types, etc.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Offer the hotel guests the best possible service through clear, courteous and proper phone answering procedures.
- Be an ambassador by promoting the hotel, restaurant, lounge, gift shops, etc. Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome.
- Understanding of various payment options, check cashing procedures, and a working knowledge of various outlets charging procedures, to better assists the guest.
- Be able to give accurate directions and information to/from regarding the immediate area.
- Handle all emergencies according to established procedures.
- Ensure all customer complaints are recorded in Guest Ware in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure any guests that may experience a problem receive an immediate response along with satisfactory resolution, any promised compensation is delivered and all guests receive appropriate follow up in a timely and professional manner.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all requests by management, which the associate is capable of performing.
AYS related duties:
- Register guests and assign rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible, by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate.
- Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Properly code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing keys, certificates, coupons, and refreshment/VIP access as appropriate.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change, and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travel checks, and other forms of payment. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post any related charges and adjustments to guest rooms and house accounts using the PMS computer, and complete proper documentation for shift closing.
- Be able to check out a guest and close a guest account at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction with bill and related services.
- Greet guests while managing guests in front of the desk.
- Complete the AM & PM Checklist.
- Operate facsimile machine to send, receive, and log incoming/outgoing transmissions.
- Have knowledge of hotel rates, discounts, and how to handle each. Promote any marketing programs established to ensure the success for the hotel.
- Have working knowledge of PMS procedures. Know cancellation procedures and walk procedures.
- Prepare wake up sheet; record the guest¡¦s name and room number under the wake up time requested. Repeat this information to the guest to ensure proper handling of wake up calls in the morning.
- Handle all deliveries for guests¡¦ requests or other delivery needs including, but not limited to faxes, boxes, luggage, rollaway beds, cribs, frigs, microwaves, etc. Notify the proper department for deliveries (ex: faxes & boxes = bellstand, crib & frigs = housekeeping).
- Track all amenities delivered to guest rooms to maintain an accurate inventory and to ensure recovery upon guest departure. All added amenities delivered to guest rooms should be logged on the AYS Tracking board.
- Answer and relay all incoming calls promptly with-in three rings, using correct phone script.
- Schedule and deliver wake-up calls as requested.
- Coordinate all emergencies according to established procedures.
- Handle all functions of the hotel¡¦s switchboard.
Hcareers.com - 14 months ago
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...