The Guest Service Representative (GSR) establishes a positive rapport with guests and provides excellent guest services from the first greeting through check-out. This position helps to ensure that guests feel welcome, that their needs are met, and that their questions/problems are resolved quickly and appropriately.
- Greets guests warmly and efficiently facilitates their check-in and check-out process.
- Ensures that welcome and departure calls are being placed in accordance with company standards.
- Anticipates guests' needs and resolves their questions/problems or refers them to the appropriate person for resolution.
- Consistently answers all phone calls, voicemails, and emails in a positive and efficient manner.
- Completes the shift checklists accurately and submits them to the General Manager (GM) or places them in the GM mailbox by the end of their shift.
- Communicates often with housekeeping, kitchen, and maintenance staff on the status of all rooms and guests needs.
- Reviews the communication log daily for pass-along information from previous shifts to ensure seamless service for maximum guest satisfaction.
- Counts and verifies that the cash drawer is at the correct denomination and immediately reports any discrepancies to the GM.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and organized environment.
The GSR may also:
- Perform concierge duties.
- Assist with bellman duties as needed.
This position requires a high school diploma or GED.
Customer Service experience is preferred, but not required.
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Adaptability: Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
Customer oriented: Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
Enthusiastic: Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
Ethical: Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Interpersonal: Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
Responsible: Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
Safety awareness: Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
Knowledge & Skills
Accuracy: Ability to perform all duties accurately and thoroughly.
Oral Communication: Ability to communicate effectively in a positive manner with others using the spoken English word to both internal and external guests.
Detail Oriented: Ability to pay attention to the minute details of every task.
Organization: Posses the trait of being organized and methodically performs each task.
Friendliness: Ability to exhibit an enthusiastic demeanor towards all guests.
None at this time
Next to each activity insert N, O, F, or C based on the job requirements.
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Add other physical requirements as applicable.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs. or less
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or less
The GSR works in a typical front office setting, with many distractions. This position may be scheduled for any shift, including weekends and holidays.