The Guest Service Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Highgate Hotel standards.
- Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all hotel standards are met (if applicable).
- Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as listed in the Red Book.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
- Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
- Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
Education & Experience:
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer experience required.
- Customer Services experience preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.