The Computer History Museum, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, California is home to one of the largest collections of computer-related artifacts in the world whose mission is to preserve and present for posterity the artifacts and stories of the information age. We are seeking a guest services coordinator who creates a welcoming environment and engaging experience for all visitors to the exhibits, programs and events at the museum.
- Provide exceptional hospitality services as lead of reception, concierge and information desks.
- Conduct general admission ticket sales and assist in membership promotion and sales.
- Maintain highest standards of visual appearance and cleanliness for the front desk, coat check, and main lobby areas. Ensure a “grand opening” look and feel to our guests at all times.
- Assist in development and maintenance of the coat & baggage check and lost & found programs.
- Maintain knowledge of current and upcoming museum exhibits, events and promotions.
- Have a strong understanding of the museum’s history and mission.
- Assist in training of front of house staff on the Titan POS, safety, security, and museum policies.
- Assist in recruitment, training, and oversight of volunteer greeters.
- Collaborate with key staff in Museum Services and Education to schedule docents and greeters for exhibits, group tours, education programs, and special museum programs.
- Cross train to assist in retail operations as-needed.
- Other duties as needed.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment to service customers
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prior cash management experience
- Familiarity with a current computerized Point of Sale System
- Must be able to articulate our history and mission to our guests
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to work museum hours including weekends and evenings
The Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California, a public benefit organization, preserves and presents for posterity the artifacts...