The Guest Services Duty Manager will oversee all aspects of the hotel guest experience and work with his/her counterparts to achieve seamless communication between hotel departments and the Resort.
THIS IS AN OVERNIGHT POSITION. PLEASE ENSURE YOUR AVAILABILITY REFLECTS APPROPRIATELY.
Background and Experience:
- 2 – 4 years of management experience or progressive growth in a customer service oriented role, preferably in theme park or hotel/resort operations.
- Experience managing a team of direct reports with a proven track record of motivating a team to provide excellent guest service.
- Knowledge and understanding of safety and security procedures as related to health, liability, loss prevention, incident reporting, etc is essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
1. Oversees the daily management of the guest experience, providing hands-on guidance and support to all departments where necessary.
2. Ensures the alignment of service standards and operating procedures with the wants and needs of hotel guests.
3. Works to achieve seamless integration of systems, policies and processes between the Hotel and Resort with a focus on optimizing efficiency and convenience for hotel guests.
4. Responsible for the aesthetic appearance and functionality of all public space areas and guest amenities, including but not limited to: Porte of Cochere, hotel grounds, Main Lobby, Pool, and Terrace.
5. Immediately respond to and resolve guest concerns in an empathetic manner, offering a sincere apology and providing timely follow-up and/or appropriate compensation if/when necessary.
6. Takes ownership of any defects that negatively impact the guest experience and work together with hotel leadership to make the changes necessary to prevent reoccurrence.
7. Champions the warm welcoming of guests to the hotel and ensure staff adherence to the “5/10 Rule” throughout the guests’ stay (10’ = smile and eye contact, 5’ = formal greeting and offer assistance)
8. Develops and lead a positive, professional and Guest Services Team, with a focus on the guest experience and process efficiency. Act as a role model in leading this through The Merlin Way.
LEGOLAND - 9 months ago
LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre family theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Just like with LEGO...