POSITION: Guest Services Manager
DEPARTMENT: Event Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Event Services
SUPERVISES: Guest Service Supervisors, Ushers, and Ticket Takers
FLSA STATUS: Salaried/Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Guest Services Manager at the Bank of Kentucky Center. The Guest Services Manager is responsible supervising front of house staff as related to guest services and contracted security on the facility and surrounding grounds during events and on an as needed basis.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Event Services, oversees and supervises all front of house, guest services, and security efforts as they relate to the facility and surrounding grounds. Also coordinates and supervises specific event-related guest services and security on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for the hiring and training of all part-time guest services staffing including Guest Services Supervisors, ushers, & ticket takers.
- Plan, organize, and direct various personnel and activities necessary to establish a safe and efficient environment.
- Prepare and coordinate guest staffing levels for events including generating staffing cost estimates based on event needs.
- Liaison with contract Security Company.
- Assist with developing and coordinating training programs for regular and part-time employees to increase awareness of crowd management, fire safety issues, and general policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with crowd management contractor, police, fire, EMS and other security personnel and/or safety organizations.
- Ensure that every client, guest, and vendor receives the best service possible.
- Compile & maintain important guest service records and reports for management.
- Handle complaints, disturbances or related problems with the public, staff or promoters.
- Investigate, report, and provide follow-up on incidents including damage or injury to the facility or individuals.
- Respond to crowd control and/or crowd management situations in a prompt and decisive manner and orally respond in a professional and diplomatic manner during crisis and/or sympathetic situations.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends & holidays.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Rotate with other facility personnel to function as Manager on Duty (MOD), who maintains total responsibility and authority over all client, staff personnel, patrons, security and safety in assigned buildings. Responsibilities include but not limited to making sure contractual agreements are met and clients’ event requirements and changes have been made in a timely fashion. On-duty staff/subcontractors ultimately report to the MOD through any Managers or Supervisors who are present during the event.
Directly supervises employees in the Guest Services Department in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrate knowledge of principles and techniques of planning, implementing and supervising staff.
- Knowledge of security issues related to a major sports and entertainment venue preferred.
- Handle conflicts, make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines with the ability to multi-task. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Operate a personal computer using the internet, Microsoft Word, Excel and other standard office equipment.
- Must be effective in both written and verbal communication.
- Able to work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university or 2-3 years related experience and/or training in guest services/staff management; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Customer/Guest service experience required.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. For consideration, please send a cover letter, resume, including salary requirements to:
The Bank of Kentucky Center
500 Nunn Drive
Highland Heights, Kentucky 41099
FAX: (859) 442-2659
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
SMG World - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard