The Guest Services Dept handles everything from ticket sales, traffic control, handling customer questions, meeting and greeting, ensuring on-time boarding. Needless to say, this team is crucial to a great customer experience and the success of Alcatraz Cruises. The Supervisor position handles numerous managerial functions to keep the team functioning smoothly and to minimize guest problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Schedule daily gate positions for Guest Service Agents.
Schedule daily lunches and breaks for Guest Service Agents.
Assure boarding of vessels is timely, safe, and passenger counts are in compliance with NPS contract.
Document any irregular passenger counts.
Assure security procedures are followed at all times regarding cash and ticket booth.
Resolve guest complaints and ticket discrepancies appropriately.
In the absence of the manager, handle employee disciplinary issues as needed.
Responsible for opening and closing procedures of ticket booth.
Handle ticket refunds for exceptional circumstances.
Assist manager with the interview and hiring process
RESPECT OUR PLANET RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and follow all RESPECT procedures that relate to your job duties.
- Work with a “safety-first” attitude.
- Minimize your impact on the environment when at work.
- Treat our customers with RESPECT at all times.
Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work environment.
Set an example at all times of excellent guest service, professional appearance, and positive attitude.
Maintain good relationships with all employees of Alcatraz Cruises and our vendors.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Alcatraz Cruises from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Crewmembers with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Upon employment, all crewmembers are required to fully comply with Alcatraz Cruises rules and regulations. Employees who violate Alcatraz Cruises rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following skill sets to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving —the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Plus ability to handle conflict management.
- Communications —the individual must speak clearly so listeners can understand and recognize and understand the speech of another person.
- Demonstrated ability —the individual has the necessary supervisory skills to be a leader in a team environment.
- Customer service —the individual manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Planning/organizing —the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality control —the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity —meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability —the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability —the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security —the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety:
Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. Alcatraz Cruises provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
- 2 years customer service experience
- Demonstrated accurate cash handling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of another language in addition to English is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available in the Employee Handbook).
Alcatraz Cruises, LLC - 12 months ago