This position is responsible to administer, evaluate, and guide the girls’ enrolled in all levels of the program in regards to academic care management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive. Pace Center for Girls reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- Develop, review and revise strength-based Individualized Academic Treatment Plans; motivate and counsel girls in assistance of individual goals.
- Develop and maintain method for ensuring Academic Improvement Plans, etc. are recorded in the database system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Help girls evaluate their abilities, interests, talents, and personality characteristics in order to develop realistic academic and career goals.
- Provide care management to girls.
- Ensure girls are placed in accurate academic setting; facilitate educational groups for entering and exiting the program.
- Provide academic portion of transition planning.
- Create and implement training topics as assigned.
- Participate in care review planning academic services based on girls’ needs.
- Promote PACE within the community, conferences and public speaking events.
- Maintain building and grounds cleanliness and safety; participate in safety drills, first aid and disaster preparedness.
- Adhere to established budget guidelines.
- Create partnerships to maximize monetary potential by incorporating volunteers, donations, etc.
- Facilitate the integration of Gender Responsive Programming and PACE Values and Guiding Principles.
- Administer state required tests, i.e. FCAT, STAR Reading/Math/Writing assessments and others to comply with state regulations.
- Coordinate and create student schedules according to Academic Roadmap. Continuously review roadmap with girls’.
- Coordinate with teachers the planning, tutoring, testing for each girl; document monthly progress.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, social services or related field required. Masters, preferred.
Experience / Skill requirements :
- Minimum of one-year education or social services experience required.
- Florida State Teacher certification or eligibility for certification required.
- Knowledge of state and local school district pupil progression plan, graduation requirements preferred.
- Ability to possess a valid Florida driver’s license.
Guidance Counselors work a 40-hour week, with occasional evening work required. This is a year-round position. Counselors must possess high physical and emotional energy to handle the array of problems they address. Dealing daily with these problems can cause stress. Counselors are provided a private office.
- Ability to establish and maintain boundaries, and interact professionally with girls, staff, and guests.
- Ability to acquire annual training, licensure or certification needed for position.
- Ability to use independent judgment to make program decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Ability to keep all girls information confidential.
- Ability to utilize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment i.e. personal computers, calculators, etc.
- Ability to travel by automobile, plane, train, etc.
- Ability to be detail oriented.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to be multi-task oriented.
- Ability to utilize manual dexterity.