Position: Gunsmith III
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Salary: $16.96 per hour plus H&W hourly wage
- Gunsmith III performs all functions of Levels I and II Gunsmith, the level III usually requires attendance at factory or military (45B, 45K, 91F) Small Arms courses.
- Qualification for this position requires attendance at a formal one to two year accredited in-house gunsmith course, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to proficiently perform technical inspections to determine faults and orders repair parts.
- Performs major repairs on military, foreign and domestic, standard and non-standard small arms weapons.
- Must have excellent knowledge of gunsmith tools and procedures, as well as moderate knowledge of firearms operating principles.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Review work orders and discuss work with leads and supervisor.
- Perform related work as required.
- Active Secret Clearance is preferred for this position.
- Ability to engage in heavy manual labor for extended periods, in all types of weather and under various working conditions.
- Must be able to lift in excess of 70lbs on occasion and at least 45lbs on a routine basis.
- Must be able to properly change crew serve weapons while placed on a workbench without assistance.
- Background in military weapons to include inspection and repair is preferred.
Technica is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EO/AA) Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability or sexual orientation. We offer health, dental, vision, short-term, long-term and life insurance benefits as well as 401K options to all full-time personnel.
To be considered for employment, complete Technica's online application in full.
Technica specializes in performance-based logistics (PBL). We focus on metrics to drive efficiencies in time and money for the military...