The Gym Manager will be responsbile for the overall operations of The RACK Gym. The RACK Gym is Fire Island Pines only fitness facility. Opening in the new Pavilion complex, the indoor space will feature free weights, weight lifting machines, cardio equipment and a juice/smoothie bar. The RACK also features a series of fitness classes held throughout the resort property. This individual will ensure the cleanliness, safety and proper operation of the facility and equipment. In addition to facility management, this postiion is responsible for the coordination of fitness classes and personal training programs. The Manager will create a welcoming environment, exceeding guest expectations.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Solicit guest membership sales, facilitating the sale of memberships and day passes
- Develop a comprehensive fitness program including personal training and fitness classes
- Recruit and manage personal trainers and instructors
- Maintain cleanliness, safety and proper operation of the fitness facility and its equipment
- Ensure the facility is open and staffed during scheduled hours
- Operate the Gym management software to record membership sales and schedule personal training sessions and classes
- Attend weekly meetings with the resort management team to review the Gym's performance
- Produce revenue and usage reports for resort managment upon request
The Gym Manager position includes on-site accommodations and a resort food & beverage credit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Prior fitness center experience is preferred
- Personal training certification is preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
FIP Ventures - 19 months ago