Jones & Carter, Inc is a full-service engineering, planning, surveying, and consulting firm. We assist our clients in analysis, development, implementation and execution of both short-range and long-range projects. Whether you're charting a new course in community development, resolving an existing engineering problem, or opening the door to new opportunities and ideas, Jones & Carter, Inc. is your Smart Solution. Our capabilities include everything from design, project research and consultation to turnkey construction management of multimillion-dollar ventures. For more than 30 years we have built a foundation for success and a reputation for smart solutions. We are in business to help our clients be successful.
H&H Design Engineer
Purpose of Position:
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and design of drainage and flood control projects in the Houston metropolitan area. Position is located at our Woodlands offices.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Analyze and design projects such as channels, storm drains, bridges, detention facilities for primarily public clients.
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic design and prepare detailed written technical reports.
- Coordinate projects with clients, including city, county and state public officials.
We offer a stimulating opportunity to expand your horizons in a full-time, direct hire position that includes excellent benefits, such as employer paid health, life and AD&D insurance. We also offer a Cafeteria Plan, dental and short term plans, PTO, paid holidays and a 401(k) profit sharing plan.
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering, with a preferred emphasis on Water Resources.
- Engineer-In-Training Certificate
- 3-5 years of experience, including:
- Hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, general site drainage and detention basin design and evaluation.
- Experience with AutoCAD, HEC-1, HEC-HMS, HEC-2, HEC-RAS and SWMM is preferred.
- Supervision and coordination of drafting and CAD work.
- Preparation, submittal and approval of construction plans and studies to Houston area public entities.
- Candidates must have strong detail-oriented work style, excellent oral and written communication skills, and an accommodating and proactive attitude.
- Ability to identify work priorities and function with very little supervision.
- Self-motivated and high level of energy.
- Candidates must be flexible to working overtime as required with little or no notice.
J&C appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Jones & Carter, Inc - 30+ days ago
Jones & Carter, Inc. was established in 1976, when founding partners, J. R. (Bob) Jones, P.E., and Larry Carter, P.E., envisioned a...