Job Description |
Responsible for the sourcing, recruiting and hiring of qualified individuals to fill open positions in the organization. Works closely with the Human Resources Generalists to assure that recruiting efforts support the overall needs and goals of individual departments and Lahey.
1) Maintains a pool/file of qualified applicants for potential referral to appropriate managers. Attracts and identifies applicants for positions utilizing a variety of resources, including newspaper advertisements, Internet sites, targeted mailings, community agencies, postings at local schools and colleges, specialized training programs, referrals, etc. Conducts on-site recruitment open houses and attends off-site job fairs.
2) Participates in the design of recruitment collateral materials and advertisements.
3) Consults with managers on the use of temporary agency staff.
4) Ensures that jobs are posted accurately and timely.
5) Responds to inquiries from potential applicants. Keeps applicants abreast of process as is necessary and appropriate. Reviews solicited and unsolicited applications/resumes. Screens appropriate internal and external applicants via phone call or in-person interview.
6) Refers appropriate applicants to hiring managers. Conducts interview follow-up with managers and assists as necessary in the decision-making process.
7) Consults with the appropriate Generalist regarding proper salary offers and potential equity pay or market pay issues.
8) Coordinates the hiring process including reference and background checks, license verification, verbal offers, scheduling of pre-employment physicals, orientation scheduling and generation of offer and regret letters. Assures the hiring process is efficient and serves as an appropriate introduction to the organization for new colleagues.
9) Consults regularly with the appropriate Generalist to assure proper HR support to specific client areas. Refers employee relation issues to the appropriate Generalist for follow-up.
10) Assists with the placement of colleagues eligible for transitional duty in the Clinic.
11) Meets with internal applicants for career counseling and external applicants for informational interviews.
12) Maintains recruitment statistics for both internal tracking and external reporting purposes.
13) Monitors recruitment activity to assure that the Clinic's commitment to diversity and workplace flexibility is being met; recommends alternative staffing solutions, when necessary, to advance this commitment.
14) Interacts frequently with HR representatives for Community Group Practices and Lahey Clinic Northshore to share resources and discuss recruitment and staffing strategies.
15) Is familiar with all openings and is able to back up other recruiters and recruitment efforts.
16) Actively participates as a member of the Human Resources team, participating in HR in-services, projects and activities.
17) Mentors Human Resources Assistants and Support Team members.
18) Provides support to Generalist team as needed.
Education: Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
PC skills, preferably Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access) and Outlook (e-mail and calendar), Internet.
Customer Service orientation with excellent follow-through.
Experience: Minimum two years recruitment experience or Lahey Human Resources experience.
About Lahey Clinic
At Lahey Clinic, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.lahey.org/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your MR1 Login and Password.
Lahey Clinic - 30+ days ago
Physician-led Lahey Clinic provides primary and tertiary care to residents of northeastern Massachusetts. Lahey Clinic operates the Lahey Cl...