SILVER STAR HOTEL AND CASINO (SS)
- Provide outstanding guest and associate service while performing assigned duties, including interpreting and conveying information throughout the Resort.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of resort services and hours of operation.
- Evaluate guests’ specific needs and expectations to determine the appropriate services, products, and personal attention to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Interact cooperatively with other spa team members to provide a seamless guest experience.
- Present a warm and gracious personality to guests and associates.
- Participate in all staff, team, and education meetings.
- Must follow all grooming and dress code departmental standards.
- Practice the highest standard of sanitation in the Salon.
- Actively build a repeat guest clientele, meet retail sales performance requirements, and consistently record and update all pertinent guest records.
- Know the location of the MSDS manual.
- Assist the Receptionist when not providing services.
- Follow all departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license issued by the Choctaw Gaming Commission.
- A High School diploma, a General Education Development (GED) certificate or its equivalent is preferred.
- Must possess the required certifications and license as required by the State of Mississippi. A cosmetologist license is required.
- Must possess outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must have the ability to deal well with change and uncertainty and flexible enough to adapt and sensibly to respond to the situation at hand.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment.
- Prefer the candidate to be creative thinker who can develop new and exciting ways to provide or project value to our guests.
- Must possess a positive attitude and be able to carry out the assigned duties in a positive manner.
- Willingness to learn new tasks and ability to do multiple tasks.
- Must have excellent telephone etiquette.
- Must be willing and able to follow all departmental policies and procedures.
- Must be willing and able to learn and follow the Aveda rituals and standards required by the department.
- Must be willing to attend Aveda training classes and sessions.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver a minimum of twenty-five (25) to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to push or pull a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
- Extensive bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling and stretching of arms may be required throughout the assigned shift.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk approximately 100% of assigned shift.
- Must be able to perform position requirements and/or essential functions on slippery or wet surfaces.
- Must be able to work with hazardous chemicals.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work within a smoke filled environment.