This position is a key player on the HBO Studio Media Management Team and reports to the Manager of Digital Media Fulfillment. This Media Asset Specialist is responsible for the archival and retrieval of content required to service Production Staff via HBO Studio’s centralized editing system. This is the “go-to” person for troubleshooting issues of media availability. In addition, this role performs maintenance activities related to storage and assists with Digitizing support as needed.
• Retrieve completed and partial assets from LTO-5 archive and make available to clients as requested.
• Assess media-managed assets for quality
• Service and support editors, technicians, and other clients who request content for re-use in a fast paced playback/ingest environment
• Investigate and resolve media availability issues using Avid Interplay, Access, SGL/Flashnet and other tools. Effectively manage client expectations in regards to these issues.
• Execute Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for centralized edit/archival systems.
• Proactively monitor, archive and otherwise manage assets within Avid ISIS, SGL/Flashnet and LTO5 systems. Make recommendations and appropriate decisions for optimal system usage
• Interact with digitizers, managers, production clients, and other members of the Media Fulfillment team regarding the management of assets, projects and new workflows.
• Streamline existing workflows for the acquisition, storage, management, retrieval, and sharing of production assets using available hardware and software
• Communicate and provide trouble reports and discrepancies to Managers and Engineering regarding issues identified during the shift
• Use Media Pulse to actualize and enter details about work orders and shifts
• Participate in the implementation and maintenance of technology and systems used by Fulfillment (Avid, ISIS, SGL/LTO5, Various Servers, etc.).
• Stay current with file based technologies including cameras, encoding (including software), server storage, and computer networking, etc.
• Maintain a complete understanding and application of Avid, Mac/PC platforms and peripheral connectivity
• Execute departmental technical specifications and adapt to changing production processes
• Have a working knowledge of computer hardware and basic networking including but not limited to internal drives, memory, A/V cards and external storage.
• College Degree preferred.
• Seasoned user of Avid Interplay, Interplay Access and Media Composer in multi-res, dynamic relink ISIS environment. Highly-skilled at troubleshooting and resolving relink and other media availability issues.
• Strong working knowledge of asset movement, storage, sequencing, naming conventions, etc.
• At least two years of relevant experience.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time wisely in a fast-paced, client-driven environment.
• Excellent client services skills. Friendly can-do attitude and ability to stay calm under pressure.
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills. Must interact effectively with clients and management across all levels of the organization.
• Basic knowledge of digital video formats, transcoding and delivery methods.
• Solid understanding of video fundamentals including: sync, time code, standards, formats and frame rates. Experience with video, audio and sync routing a plus.
• Willingness to be flexible with scheduling on short notice and put in overtime as needed. This position may require night and weekend shifts.
It's HBO SM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO ® and Cinemax ® . HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GO SM and MAX GO SM , as well as HBO On Demand ® and Cinemax On Demand ® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and...