Summary: The Hyperbaric Tech, under the direction of the Program Director and/or Safety Director of the Hyperbaric Medicine Department, administers hyperbaric oxygen therapy to patients as prescribed by the Hyperbaric Physician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs duties under supervision of the Program Director, Clinical Coordinator, and/or Safety Director as is appropriate for the facility.
- Is responsible for the safe and effective operation of the hyperbaric chamber(s) and related support systems.
- Is responsible for the safe delivery of hyperbaric oxygen therapy to the hyperbaric patient.
- Assists in patient preparation for treatment.
- Reinforces education as it relates to hyperbaric therapy.
- Keeps complete and accurate patient records as they pertain to treatment documentation.
- Performs duties and procedures as directed by Program Director, Medical Director, and in some cases the Clinical Coordinator.
- Performs hyperbaric chamber operations and system maintenance as required.
- Supports clinical hyperbaric facility accreditation.
- Participates in the safety program.
- Maintains competencies, continuing education and certifications as appropriate.
- Utilizing data software for wound management.
- Make appropriate entries for daily hyperbaric treatments and wound care clinic visits including photo uploading.
- Lift patient or transfer.
- Tolerate pressurization and depressurization in a hyperbaric chamber
- Need to be able to hear patients and staff. Also, listen to equipment for malfunctions.
- Dependability and on time
- Customer Service
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to follow through
- Multi-tasking needed
- Safety and Security
- Technical/functional Proficiency
- Technical/functional Knowledge
- Problem solving ability
- Sound judgment
- Good oral skills
- Ability to relax patients
- Good written communication skills
High school diploma or general education degree
- Maintains and demonstrates competency in BLS (Basic Life Support), infections control, safety and all unit required skill review.
- Complete competencies skill checklist
Wound Care Center chamber operators must be actively certified or licensed in one of the following vocations to meet the minimum education and experience requirements.
Additionally, each chamber operator attends, or provides verification of attendance to, an Introductory Hyperbaric Training Course as approved by the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMT).
- Respiratory Therapist
- Corpsman (Military)
- Medical Services Specialist
- Nurse Practitioner
- EMT-Basic or Paramedic
- Registered Nurse, LPN, or LVN
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant (CMA or RMA)
- Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT)
- Physical Therapist
- Physical Therapy Assistant
The Hyperbaric Technician provides a high quality and safe standard for patient care. Communicate with physicians and staff. This position is ultimately responsible for courteous, efficient customer care and safe operations of the Hyperbaric Chambers and supporting equipment.
Healogics - 15 months ago
Healogics creates opportunities for hospitals, physicians and the patients they serve. We offer a full array of services, flexible contracts...