The HBOT Coordinator is responsible for ensuring hyperbarics/wound care program visibility in the community. A key component of the role is to establish and maintain a contiguous relationship among the hospital, the physicians and the community.
The position reports directly to the Area Vice President. While the HBOT Coordinator is employed by Diversified Clinical Services, the position represents the hyperbarics/wound care program and works to gain local visibility for the wound care program as a service of the hospital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
materials provided by DCS.
- Responsible for developing and increasing physician referrals, maximizing physician relationships and educating physicians about Diversified Clinical Services managed wound care and hyperbaric services.
- Works collaboratively, as part of a multi-functional team, to best determine key target referral sources, and then develops a systematic approach to build those customer relationships and increase wound care center referrals to reach and exceed goals.
- Creates and coordinates activities directed toward increasing patient referrals to hyperbarics/wound care center. Works as a team with the Area Vice President, Hospital Liaison, Hospital Departments, as required, and hospital physicians to create and execute the activities.
- Arrange visits to physicians and interfaces with those physicians, their nurses and front office personnel.
- Possesses effective knowledge of hyperbarics/wound care center. Utilizes all educational
- Customer Service
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow through
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong marketing skills
- Computer proficient
- Problem solving ability
- Sound judgment and strategic thinking
- Good written and oral communications
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Marketing/Public Relations
- Minimum 4 years of experience in medical, related sales and/or hospital public relations
Proficient in Microsoft Outlook software, including Word, Excel, Power Point & Access database management.
Ability to define problems, establish facts and draw conclusions. Ability to develop required
Reports, goals and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively and persuasively before
both individuals and groups.
Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
Fractions and decimals.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out plans and goals in written, oral or diagram
Form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
The incumbent is not required to work under extreme conditions, but may be required to work
outdoors during somewhat inclement weather. Must be able to work in a moderate noise level
in office environments.
The incumbent will typically stand 60% of the time, walk 20% of the time and sit 20% of the
Time. The person is talking or listening 100% of the time.
The HBOT Coordinator is responsible for effectively communicating knowledge about hyperbarics/wound care, identifying and prioritizing opportunities for growing referrals, and creating and implementing a community education plan that ensures the hyperbarics/wound care Center exceeds goals. A key component of the role is to establish and maintain close relationships with hospital executives, marketing staff, physicians and other referring providers throughout the healthcare community.
Healogics creates opportunities for hospitals, physicians and the patients they serve. We offer a full array of services, flexible contracts...