TITLE: Respite Worker
STATUS: Non-exempt, Full/Part Time
REPORTS TO: Res Hab/Respite Coordinator
1. Attend the prescribed Inservice Training with pay.
2. Initiate and supervise activities with the people they are assigned.
3. Learn and abide by policies and procedures.
4. Supervise and assist, if needed, in the daily needs of the people.
5. Train children in the areas stated in Instruction Plan: self-care, social habits, household chores, good grooming, mealtime procedures, and sleep and rest patterns.
6. Supervise and assist people in doing those household chores which they are capable of doing or learning.
7. Help with behavior management of children as prescribed, USING ONLY THOSE TECHNIQUES APPROVED AND PRESCRIBED.
8. Demonstrate ability to carry out qualitative measures in helping children, such as security, confidence, structure, love, and respect.
9. Attend Individual Service Plan Meetings as requested and be responsible for materials presented therein.
10. Demonstrate knowledge of emergency and disaster procedures.
11. Utilize constructive suggestions and criticism.
12. Arrive 5 minutes prior to shift, be prompt in returning from breaks, attend to duties and responsibilities while on the job.
13. Be able to communicate with the person (through Facilitated Communication, Sign Language).
14. Serve as good role models.
15. Be able to get along with all members of the staff/family and use proper procedures, as advised by the parent or Supervisor in dealing with problems.
16. Be sure individual is supervised at all times.
17. Work under the direction of the professional staff/parents.
18. Perform any reasonable duties and work overtime as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: HSD/GED, valid NYS Driver’s License and the ability to lift 50 pounds independently or more with other people.
Springbrook - 2 years ago
At Springbrook, we have a heartfelt commitment to serve people with special needs. We take pride in our Christian heritage, our...