This position sits at the intersection of three exciting market transitions: Cloud, Managed Services, and Collaboration. The product marketing manager will be the "whole offer" lead for specific offerings based on the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution. Such offers could include TelePresence in HCS and HCS for Public Sector.
The primary responsibility will be leading the virtual team to develop the value proposition and marketing plan, pricing and licensing, ordering tools, channel program alignment, sales compensation, legal documents, order qualification process, service creation activities, and Cisco Services offerings to bring these whole offers to market.
The product marketing manager will be required to:
Candidate Profile, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Develop the internal business case and customer value proposition for specific whole offers, based on a thorough understanding of the market conditions, customer decision drivers, and competitive dynamics. Identify possible mismatches between current directions and future market changes
- Define the commercial terms of the offers, including any unique pricing and licensing terms, business and governance rules, channel management considerations and related channel program impacts, and any unique sales compensation considerations
- Define the go-to-market requirements for the various functional organizations (e.g. Channels, Sales, Service Creation, Legal, Marketing, Cisco Services) that are needed to deliver the whole offers, based on alignment with the company's cloud strategy, competitive and market dynamics, and input from HCS partners and end-customers
- To the extent necessary, define system development requirements with the HCS product management team to ensure the architecture supports the value proposition and competitive advantages of the offers
- Develop positioning and messaging of the offers and collaborate with CMO on the marketing plan for the offers
- Become a "Trusted Advisor" to lead HCS customers. Success will be measured by establishing relationships at the customer for purposes of driving requirements and becoming a "go-to" person for those account's AM/BDM, Client Directors, and theater leads
- Establish self as one of HCS’s thought leaders, evangelizing the solution's roadmap/vision as well as its value both internally and externally
- Establish self as a trusted collaborator within Cisco by having an open and engaging collaboration style. Exhibit an ability to lead virtual team efforts, partner across organizational boundaries and influence other stakeholders
- Identify competitive threats and market direction changes which may affect future plans. Competitive research efforts will also support account team sales efforts, aiding in system and product positioning
- Eight or more years of experience in the Managed Service Provider market as a Field AM, PSS, BDM or CSE, or as a Product Manager in CDO, preferably combined with an MBA
- Excellent understanding of global Managed Service Provider market drivers and requirements as well as a solid and broad understanding of Cloud and Managed Services market drivers
- Substantial experience and familiarity with Cisco's collaboration application portfolio
- Extensive experience in presenting to field teams and industry forums and demonstrated ability to engage customers and account teams in qualifying requirements of MSPs
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communications as well as influencing skills. Ability to lead virtual team efforts, partner across organizational boundaries and influence development directions
- Understanding and analytical ability to participate in assessing competitive dynamics applied to complex business and architectural issues in the Cloud and Managed Services markets
- Ability to understand and collaborate on business cases and financial analysis applied to solution-level contexts
- Ability to understand enough technical and architectural details of the solution (software, data center, and network) to be opinionated on the business and strategic impact of decisions
- Excellent ability to scope and define systems projects, and demonstrated experience driving complex projects to successful delivery
- Ability to thrive in a very dynamic, loosely structured, entrepreneurial environment
Cisco Systems - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...