This position is familiar with the individual schedules of patients assigned to their area, reporting programming and patient care concerns, observations, and recommendations to appropriate staff to ensure the changing needs and interests of each patient are addressed timely and as needed. The position is responsible for the accountability and safety of each patient in their area and monitors to ensure that staff in their area implement duties as assigned, providing guidance and feedback as necessary. The position is also responsible for recording and maintaining accurate data.
**Regular work hours are 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday – Friday.
Flexibility is required in this schedule.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies:
***MANAGEMENT PREFERS: Four years of experience at the level of the Health Care Technician I.
- Must have certification as a Nurse Aide I and be listed on the division of Health Service Regulation Registry.
- Must have CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) Certification.
- Must have CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) Certification.
- Thorough knowledge of the concepts, practices and techniques used in the field of Mental Health and co-occurring disorders.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of health care, active treatment, and overall comprehensive service provision.
- Ability to identify the physical and emotional needs of patients and address as appropriate, providing feedback to staff as required.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area.
- Ability to maintain effective communication and professional relationships with staff, patients, other hospital personnel, families and community providers.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Two years of experience in health care work at the level of the Health Care Technician I; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Must have High School diploma or GED.
***Pre-employment drug testing and criminal record checks are required.
Supplemental and Contact Information:
**** Please follow instructions to apply on-line (www.osp.state.nc.us/jobs) .
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) selects applicants for employment based on job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, political affiliation or political influence. Degrees must be from an appropriately accredited institution.
- Pre-employment drug testing and criminal background checks are required for all positions at Cherry Hospital.
- Applicants seeking Veteran’s Preference for employment with State Government must attach either Form DD-214 or discharge orders.
- The work experience section on the application must be completed ~~ resume in lieu of work experience will not be accepted.
- The following question must be answered on the application in order to be considered: # 8. Have you ever been convicted of an offense against the law other than a minor traffic violation?
201 Stevens Mill Road
Goldsboro , NC 27530
North Carolina Office of State Human Resources
- 2 years ago - save job