The Los Angeles County Office of Education
Is dedicated to equal employment opportunity and fosters a workforce that embraces and reflects the rich diversity of Los Angeles County.
Head Start Training & Technical Assistance Specialist
$5211 to $6455 Monthly
Your choice of several medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
To learn more, visit: www.lacoe.edu
Online applications must be submitted by:
5:00 P.M. (Pacific)
Public Employee’s Retirement System
Defined Benefit 2.5% @ 55
Paid Time Off:
24 days vacation.
14 holidays. 12 illness days.
The Los Angeles County Office of Education seeks for a motivated professional to plan, develop, and lead our training and technical assistance services for Head Start State Preschool Program. Our Head Start State Preschool Program is the largest in the nation and contracts with 26 delegate agencies that employ a staff of more than 3,000 people to provide services directly to children from birth to five years old and their families within diverse communities throughout Los Angeles County.
Under general direction, a Head Start Training and Technical Assistance Specialist implements and maintains training and technical assistance (TTA) development systems and procedures; delivers and coordinates training and provides technical assistance so that all staff have the necessary skills and knowledge to ensure children are school ready and prepared to transition to kindergarten; and monitors TTA plans and activities of delegate agencies.
The Well Qualified Candidate…
A well-qualified candidate will possess the knowledge of applicable laws, codes, and regulations including federal and state regulations and policies that apply to Head Start/Early Head Start and State Preschool programs; theories, principles, and techniques of training and development; principles and techniques of adult learning; techniques, methods, and resources in assessing and evaluating training and technical assistance services; principles of training and technical assistance resource management; technical content of specified training certifications, such as Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS), that promotes program goals and frameworks.
A well-qualified candidate will have the ability to:
For a complete job description go to www.personnelcommission.com
- Apply most current information, theories, techniques, practices and procedures of the training and technical assistance field across a wide range of applications
- Analytically and logically evaluate information, issues, and problems and exercise discretion and judgment in choosing courses of action
- Interpret and apply laws, rules, policies and regulations applicable to Head Start programs
- Effectively utilize internal and external data and information to define, improve, and manage program services
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in creating and implementing new and imaginative practices and ideas
- Enable the growth of staff and provide appropriate training and staff development
- Plan and coordinate activities and resources to ensure the completion of projects
- Facilitate constructive and productive group interaction
- Make formal presentations before division and delegate agency staff, families, and community partners
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Use intermediate computer software, such as Microsoft Office
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations;
- Continue to develop knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for the job and stay up to date on changes in the Head Start and early childhood education community
Required Education and Experience (must be met by 12/7/2012 )
Education : A bachelor's degree in a field such as social or behavioral sciences, business administration, public administration, communications, education, liberal studies, or a field closely related to the knowledge and abilities of this classification from an institution of higher learning recognized by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation.
Experience : Three years of experience in planning, developing and leading professional training and technical assistance services in a social services or educational organization
Additional Requirements : A valid California driver’s license and the availability of private transportation or the ability to provide transportation between job sites may be required.
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements above, will be invited to participate in an examination consisting of Training and Experience Evaluation (T&E), Writing Project, and Oral Interview. The first part will be T&E (does not require candidates to be present), which is tentatively scheduled for late December. Successful candidates will advance to Writing Project, which is tentatively scheduled for January 9, 2013. Successful candidates will advance to Oral Interview, which is tentatively scheduled for January 29, 2013.
For additional information on our selection procedures please visit Exam Preparation on our website. Selection and promotion are based on a competitive examination process. Candidates who pass all exam parts are ranked according to overall exam score and placed on an eligibility (hiring) list. Vacant positions are filled from the top three ranks. Eligibility lasts for 12 months; however, additional recruitment may occur under a separate bulletin with additional candidates being merged onto the eligibility list. Some positions that involve public contact may require bilingual proficiency for which selective certification may apply (Education Code 45277.5 ). In addition, the eligibility list resulting from this examination may be used to fill vacancies in related job classifications for which no eligibility list exists (Education Code 45272). Veterans’ Credit may be awarded for entry jobs.
Reasonable accommodations in completing an application and testing are available to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request an accommodation, please call (562) 803-8360 as early as possible.
To apply, click on the “Apply” link at the top of this page.
1) Create a User ID and password if you haven’t already done so. 2) Log in. 3) Create or update your MASTER Profile. 4) Complete the QuestionNaire(s) if provided. 5) Submit the application.
Resumes are not accepted in place of a completed application nor will they be reviewed as part of the examination process. Diploma and degree verification (including equivalency of foreign degrees) must be submitted in the form of a copy of your diploma or transcripts. Foreign degree verification may be required and will be the responsibility of the applicant. Educational documentation may be scanned and included with your online application or brought at the last examination part.
Complete applications for this job must be submitted before the end of the announced deadline date unless an extended deadline is shown on the website for this opportunity.
LACOE Personnel Commission, 9300 Imperial Hwy, EC-Annex, Downey, CA 90242
Phone: 562.803.8360 -- Contact: Chanjira Luu -- (M-F 8:00am–5:00pm)
For complete application information, please go to www.personnelcommission.com
This examination is authorized Dual Certification
Recruitment ID: 13-577
This announcement does not constitute an implied contract. Any part of this announcement is subject to change.
Los Angeles County Office of Education - 2 years ago