The Health Assistant will support patients and families in goal setting, self-management and behavior change through direct telephone contact with patients. This position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as general healthcare knowledge. This is a temporary position.
- Contacts patients by telephone to perform goal-setting activities to meet productivity expectations of 35 patients with goals per day
- Documents patient concerns and questions in E HR to assure continuity of care
- Establishes rapport with patients, and makes certain “door” is opened for continued communication on chronic disease self-management
- Interviews patients to determine progress toward goals, identify barriers, and ways to overcome barriers
- Interviews patients, as determined by the care team, to establish health care self-management goals, provide basic health educational needs concerning self-care, disease management, and pre and post visit care
- Interviews pre-selected patients for individual health educational needs, as determined by the care team, to provide education and support for chronic care issues
- Works in collaboration with all members of the health care team to determine appropriate plan of care for patients based on their individual care needs.
- Demonstrated customer or patient service experience
- Must have one of the following: Bachelor's degree in a health-related field; 3 years of experience in healthcare; or be a graduate of an approved Medical Assistant training program
- Basic knowledge of healthcare terminology
- Bilingual English-Spanish required for most positions
- Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity.
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to learn key functionality of Electronic Medical Records
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good time-management skills and strong motivation to meet productivity expectations and achieve goals.