Via Christi Health's rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region dates back more than 100 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, Via Christi Health is the largest provider of health care services in Kansas. We serve Kansas and northeast Oklahoma through our doctors, hospitals, senior villages and health services.
Provides support as a behaviorist/coach. Works as a member of an interdisciplinary team in working with patients/clients who receive treatment for weight management, smoking cessation, lipid management and other wellness programs.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Implements nutritional and exercise protocols of the programs obesity, lipids, and research programs.
- Teaches nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle classes according to medical protocols for treatment of obesity, lipids, smoking cessation and other behavior modification based wellness programs.
- Counsels patients and clients requiring nutritional, exercise, and lifestyle interventions.
- Communicates patient assessments with medical/education staff.
- Participates in data accumulation and outcomes data in accordance medical and research protocols.
- Assists with patient’s and client’s visits and performs appropriate tasks (i.e., blood pressure, weight and height, medical histories, HRA’s, food replacement counseling and processing of fees and sales, etc.).
- Assists in medical management of patients and clients as appropriate.
- Assists with the orientation seminars for prospective patients and clients.
- Assists with the delivery of wellness and prevention programs sponsored by VCH-W throughout the region.
- Implements protocol procedures specified in research programs.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Exercise Physiology, Psychology, Nutrition Science or related field required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
- Licensure appropriate to education.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Via Christi Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Via Christi Health System - 14 months ago