Contra Costa County's Health Services Department is offering an excellent career opportunity for individuals interested in a Health Services Information Systems Specialist position. There are currently six (6) vacancies. These positions will be assigned to the Health Services Information Technology Division and Contra Costa Health Plan located in Martinez, CA.
The persons selected for these positions provide assistance to system users for computer related problems and application support for a variety of desk top computer equipment, develop and maintain training environment and material. Typical tasks include: conferring with information services staff in the evaluation, selection, acquisition and implementation of computer hardware and/or software solutions; functioning as a key interface between the technical team, user community, and stakeholders; providing assessments of existing system capabilities, work flow, user requirements, options and outcomes; proposing comprehensive options for solutions to complex problems, including both technical and business aspects; working with internal analysts and technical staff to conceptualize function, data structures and best fit; facilitating communication between customer and all internal/external support resources; providing user training on systems; writing system documentation; project documentation; and managing the implementation of new systems purchased or developed in-house. The successful candidates will have strong communication and problem-solving skills, experience supporting healthcare-related clinical and/or financial information systems.
- Confers with information services staff in the evaluation, selection, acquisition and implementation of computer hardware and/or software solutions
- Provides various application development support in response to staff needs including software installation, set up and configuration, and troubleshooting user problems
- Maintains existing computer applications by modifying programs or implementing new programs, tests modified programs for possible errors and resolves as needed
- Programs systems using a variety of languages
- Performs system administration functions including monitoring or adding applications, users and devices, modifying user profiles, resetting passwords and file maintenance
- Codes new on-line batch programs according to established regulations; tests all new or modified batch programs to comply with the framework of the current system flow; and reports system problems and possible solutions to higher level staff
- Coordinated and conducts user training, education and problem-solving sessions
- Counsels user regarding system functionality and develops documentation for user problem-solving including system and user manuals
- Performs a variety of duties in the troubleshooting of software applications related to local or wide area networks
- Participates in systems analysis, design and implementation
- Advises and consults with application programmers during system analysis
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings and stays current on new trends and innovations in the field of information systems support and analysis
Possession of a high school diploma, GED proficiency or high school equivalency certificate and at least twelve semester or eighteen quarter units in computer science, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
Three years of full-time or its equivalent experience performing information systems support, application installation and/or programming duties in a health care information systems environment.
Substitution for Education:
Six months of additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required course work in computer science.
Substitution for Experience:
Full-time participation as an Epic Certified Analyst/Builder, Epic Principle Trainer, Clarity Certified Report Writer, or Interface Analyst on an Electronic Medical Records implementation project, may be substituted for the required experience up to a maximum of two (2) years. A current Epic certification may be substituted for one (1) year of required experience.
May be required to obtain and maintain vendor specific certifications on the applications supported. This certification is required within six (6) months of notification from the supervisor.
Prior to employment, a background investigation/fingerprint exam will be conducted on all candidates.
All applicants are required to submit a completed supplemental questionnaire and a copy of an official or unofficial college or university transcript at the time of application. Transcripts can be scanned and attached to your on-line application, or faxed to (925) 957-5260. Include your name on all application documents.
1. Application Filing:
An application submitted without the supplemental questionnaire will be considered incomplete and will be disqualified.
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.
County of Contra Costa, California - 21 months ago