The mission of the United States Air Force is to
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values --
integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided.
The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
Back to top
- The primary purpose of this position is t
o interpret and apply Department of Defense and Air Force Medical Service (AFMS) policies on selected issues and projects in the area of Clinical Quality Management to include Performance Improvement (PI) and the use of Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century (AFSO 21), Risk Management (RM), Self-Inspection and Strategic Planning.
The incumbent is also broadly responsible for all facets of improving the delivery medical care through performance improvement efforts, AFSO 21 efforts, clinical risk management, self-inspection using Accreditation American Association for Ambulatory Health Care, The Joint Commission and the Air Force Inspection Agencys Health Services Inspection (HSI) programs for the medical group.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and manages the Performance Improvement Programs.
- Develops, plans, organizes, directs and manages the Risk Management (RM) program.
- Implements and manages the Self-Inspection program.
- Administers management support programs that fulfill the organizations requirements for strategic planning. A primary organization point of contact for congressional and other high-level inquiries.
Back to top
At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-11) or equivalent.
Specialized experience must include
Knowledge and understanding of medical operations in the Air Force Medical Service include its organization, staffing, fiscal policies and management physical plant, internal and external driving policies, as well as interrelationships at all levels of command and authority
or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
(TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-11 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
nowledge of the mission, organizations, programs, and requirements of healthcare delivery systems and the relationship of Performance Improvement, Customer Satisfaction, Patient Safety, and Risk Management within the AF Medical Service.
Knowledge of regulations and standards of regulatory and credentialing group and directives including requirements for accreditation promulgated by the JCAHO, AAAHC, Department of Defense Health Affairs, and HQ USAF.
3. Knowledge of techniques to include: PI techniques, AFSO 21 tools, root cause analysis, cause and effect analysis failure mode analysis, and development of actions plans.
4. Knowledge of safety, security, and claims management, and judge advocate claims investigatory processes. Knowledge of medical liability, patients policies, and a wide range of administrative laws, regulations and standards associated with the administrations and adjudication of claims.
5. Skill in the operations of information management systems to support performance improvement, strategic planning, risks management, and when applicable, patient safety. Skill in the operations of information management systems to support performance improvement, strategic planning, risks management, and patient safety.
6. Ability to prepare and conduct training sessions to educate all levels of healthcare staff in areas of quality management and performance improvement.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional
education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Position may be designated a testing designated position (TDP) under Air Force Civilian Drug Testing Program.
2. May be required to work overtime, irregular shifts, weekends and holidays.
3. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, March 29, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is 863929. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
if qualifying based on education or positive education series
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
550 C Street W Ste 57
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...