This position is responsible for ensuring a clean casino for our guests by performing a multitude of heavy duty tasks that extend beyond regular EVS attendant tasks. Major responsibilities will include High Area Cleaning using ladders or platforms, Carpet, floors, etc. Heavy Duty attendant will utilized powered equipment to complete projects and duties. Works under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Wipes down and cleaning all high areas using required equipment or materials.
• Clean all glass above a 6 foot level.
• Vacuums all areas.
• Assists carpet crew in any duties that are required.
• Dust and clean all furniture, sofas, chairs, cushions, benches, artwork and plants including Extraction Cleaning.
• Wipes down all hardware and polishes all metal/word work, etc.
• Cleans and buffs all marble counters, tables and all stonework.
• Cleans ashtrays and all ash/trash receptacles.
• Cleans and polishes all doors and doorframes.
• Cleans all fixtures, lights, lamps, baseboards and ledges.
• Uses heavy-duty machines to extract carpet.
• Cleans and wipes down walls and boards.
• Re-supplies work area with necessary supplies and replenishes dispensers.
• Cleans elevators thoroughly including tracks, walls, doors panels, etc.
• Removes trash, debris, etc.
• Cleans vents and high hats.
• Adheres to all safety standards, policies and procedures.
• Maintains all work areas and ensures Housekeeping equipment is free of safety violations. Reports any hazardous conditions or broken equipment immediately to appropriate member of management.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Environmental Services Manager.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required. Prior experience in Heavy Duty cleaning preferred.
Must be able to operate Man Lift and work at heights up to 40 feet.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The Team Member frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The Team Member is frequently required to climb or balance using ladders or man lifts at height up to 40 feet. The Team Member is required to push/pull/lift/carry/move up to 50 pounds on a routine basis and up to 100 lbs on an occasional basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member works with or near moving mechanical parts. The work environment is not limited to areas inside the casino; the work area may include areas outside the building and/or other public areas. The Team Member may be exposed to varying weather conditions (i.e. sun, rain, hot, cold, snow, wind and dust, etc.) Team member may be exposed to fumes, chemicals and airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. While on the casino floor, team member may be exposed to second hand smoke.
Valley View Casino and Hotel - 11 months ago