- Responsible for oversight and procedural development for all Production Control activities and processes.
- Directly responsible for heavy check plan development, daily work flow, and pre/post dock performance repeating.
- Analyze historical check data for purposes of coordinating with strategic planning in the development of hanger line requirements and workload planning.
- Ensure post dock lessons learned are implemented as necessary to ensure continuous improvement to check execution.
- Ensure proper procedures are followed for the security and control of documentation produced during each maintenance visit.
- Utilize MX PCS and WIZARD software in all phases of job performance where applicable.
- Work closely with Manager to set departmental goals for manpower requirements and overtime needs.
- Directly responsible for coordinating activities with in house and outsourced heavy check maintenance production supervision/ staff to maintain project timelines.
- Assist Production Supervisors as required to manage check flow, resources, or other needs to ensure timely, efficient, and safe delivery of check aircraft.
- Manage and coordinate will all internal departments and external vendors as required to ensure proper resources are available for check execution.
- Maintain check status reporting requirements to production and all other maintenance departments.
- Prepare forecasts and develop recommendations for manpower, facilities, or other resource constraints for current and future check projects.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- 5 years airline maintenance experience including: 737 system familiarity.
- Heavy Maintenance Check Management Experience.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience required.
- TRAX experience a plus
- PMP preferred
- Process Improvement experience a plus ie., Six Sigma, Lean, ISO9000
LICENSING / CERTIFICATION:
- A&P license required.
- Must be able to work at a computer work station for extended period of time.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Will be required to be familiar with requirements of Southwest's FAA approved Maintenance Procedures Manual.
- Must have good project management skills.
- Will be required to be familiar with labor, materials, and documentation requirements of daily maintenance production operations.
- Must P/C literate with experience in Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical research, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to manage interruptions, prioritize responsibilities, and work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to work efficiently under stress and short deadlines and as part of an integrated team.
- May be required to work additional hours including nights and weekends to support production working 24-hour clock.
- Some travel may be required.
- Must be able to comply with company attendance as described in established guidelines.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance.
Southwest Airlines - 10 months ago
Southwest Airlines Co. (Southwest) is a passenger airline that provides scheduled air transportation in the United States. As of December...