SUMMARY: Answering support calls, troubleshooting end user problems, hardware support for CHQ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties beyond this representative listing may be assigned to the essential job duties and responsibilities of this position based on Company needs.
• Report ON TIME to your desk and be ready to answer phones at the exact start of your scheduled shift. Be back at your desk after any breaks or lunch periods and ready to answer phones.
• To troubleshoot end user problems, identify solutions, fix errors for Rush supported software, websites and hardware in a timely manner.
• To research and maintain knowledge of existing functionality, changes and updates in software for those systems currently in use within the Rush Enterprises network.
• As a condition of continued employment, the employee is required to exhibit positive corporate citizenship, with demonstrated ability to positively interact with others, follow required Company policies and procedures which include but are not limited to policies regarding conduct, record keeping, and safety.
• As a condition of continued employment the employee is required to refrain from any behavior that is construed as sexual harassment, harassment and/or creating or participating in a hostile work environment, and/or violence in the workplace.
MARGINAL DUTIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Answers incoming help desk phone calls in a manner adhering to the statistical goals of the Technology Support team.
• Helps other teammates to resolve open help desk tickets in a quick manner.
• Assist when needed in acquisitions or Rush locations which involve any adds, moves or changes to a location. Some travel required.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. It is required that the individual is accurate with good time management and organizational skills. The individual must actively communicate in an effective manner with other I.T. managers and staff members. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions at the request of the employee, and with appropriate medical certification.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level is moderate and is consistent with an office environment.
Rush Enterprises Inc - 11 months ago
Rush Enterprises, Inc. (Rush) is a full-service, integrated retailer of transportation and construction equipment, and related services. The...