HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
BON SECOURS HEALTH SYSTEM OFFICE-RICHMOND, RICHMOND, VA
Department: ENTERPRISE IS - 81505
Requisition Number: 42451
Schedule: Full Time
Under minimal supervision and according to established policies, procedures, and detailed instructions, provide Level I & II Help Desk support to customers of networked computer systems across a broad base of applications. Analyze and solve problems while being proactive in resolving issues across a multi-site enterprise. Interacts daily with the Helpdesk Analyst, Applications Analysts and Technical Services team members to assist in the resolution of customer’s problems and/or questions in a timely and accurate manner. Ability to document in detail all reported issues through resolution. The Helpdesk Technician has responsibilities across the Bon Secours Richmond regions as directed.
1. A Bachelor's degree is required. An Associate degree in Business or Information Systems with two additional years of relevant experience may substitute for a Bachelor's degree.
2. Requires advanced reading, writing and oral communication skills as well as a strong background with personal computers and related applications, P.C. architecture, network topology, database principles, logical problem analysis skills, and related peripheral knowledge acquired through Technical training and or 3-5 years of professional Helpdesk or call center experience. General Knowledge of Hospital based applications and systems. .
3. Requires analytical and critical thinking ability to diagnose hardware and software problems and determine resolutions using standard methods and procedures. In addition, the work requires demonstrated project and time management skills and an ability to work effectively over the phone and in a team environment.
4. Professional interpersonal and communication skills are required to interact with a twenty-four (24) hour department and hospital staff in training and providing technical knowledge to assist, mentor and coach in problem solving, problem rectification and recognizing areas for improvement.
5. Above Average Knowledge in office automation applications such as Microsoft 2000 Professional, Outlook, MS Project, and Windows XP/2000/NT operating systems.
In accordance with federal, state and local laws, certain physical skills are required for all positions with the HSO, including but not limited to: repetitive motions (typing), sitting, lifting up to twenty (20) pounds (luggage, laptop, files, etc.), ability to view electronic monitors at close distance, and frequent walking. In addition the following conditions exist with this position.
1. Works in normal Information Services environment, which means climate controlled and secure location.
2. Lifting and transport material (paper stock, paper computer forms, computer hardware, etc as required and weighing approximately 50 lbs.
3. Position requires some work in computer room that has a temperature of 68 degrees F and has moderate amount of noise.
4. The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Health System, Inc. based in Marriottsville, Maryland, is a $3 billion dollar not-for-profit Catholic health system that owns,...