No specialized experience or training is required.
LOCATION & POSITION INFORMATION:
- No Civil Service test score is required in order to be considered for this vacancy.
- This position is within the Office of State Parks, located at Rosedown State Historic Site in St. Francisville, LA.
Duties include : Determine which facilities are to be serviced; enforce standards in cleanliness, sanitation, and appearance; ensure facilities are properly equipped for public use; inspect facilities for maintenance and cleanliness compliance; report inspection results to proper personnel for corrective action; maintain proper supply inventory; control stock to include cleaning products, chemicals, facility support supplies, linens, and facility furnishings. Coordinate with site administrative staff for purchase of supplies and replacement items in compliance with purchasing regulations. Perform customer service to a high standard of excellence. Incumbent must willing and able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Please refer to the "Job Specifications" tab located at the top of the LA Careers "Current Job Opportunities page" for specific information on salary ranges, minimum qualification requirements and job concepts for each level.
ONLINE: Click on the "Apply" link above and complete an electronic application which can be used for this vacancy as well as future job opportunities.
- If interested, applicants may apply in accordance with one of the following below:
PAPER: Although applying online is the preferred method, paper applications are still accepted. Paper applications may be mailed or faxed using the contact information provided below. The paper application is available for download at: http://www.civilservice.la.gov/Forms/EmploymentApplication.pdf .
- Please submit a copy of all applicable college transcript(s) to your application. This may be done by way of an attachment to your online application and/or by fax/mail with your paper application.
- Applicants using an international degree as a basis to qualify for the position must attach an equivalency evaluation statement.
For further information about this vacancy, contact :
- While we would encourage all interested applicants to apply, please be aware that there are various reasons that your application may be disqualified from consideration including, but not limited, to:
- Submission of a resume and/or SF-10 application in lieu of the online application or official Louisiana employment application as referenced above;
- Failure to fully complete the education and work experience sections of the application;
- Failure to submit an equivalency evaluation statement for an international degree by the closing of this announcement;
- Failure to include the job title, job number CRT-2013-49571-CSH and completed supplemental questions (if applicable) with a paper application submission;
- Failure to submit a paper application (by postmark, if mailed; or by date/time stamp, if faxed) by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date of this announcement.
Casey S. Hickman, HR Analyst
Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism
PO Box 94361
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9361
The Office of the Lieutenant Governor and the Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism are participants in the E-Verify system for identification and employment eligibility purposes.
Function of Work:
To perform a wide variety of physical tasks in the maintenance and repair of state facilities and intermittent leaderman functions.
Level of Work:
Close from a skilled employee when assisting that employee (performing skilled trades functions). General supervision is received from foreman when performing repetitive low skilled tasks.
Periodic leaderman supervision may be exercised over laborers performing simple tasks (grass cutting, loading, and unloading, etc.)
Location of Work:
All agencies, statewide.
Differs from that of Laborer in that it performs some semi-skilled repetitive tasks under general supervision and may work as a helper to a skilled trade job under close supervision and limited potential for a leaderman role over laborers.
Differs from Roads and Grounds Keeper as the latter job performs duties related more to roads, highways and heavy (levee, road shoulder, gravel road, etc.) grounds maintenance.
Differs from Apprentice as that job is designed primarily to provide an understudy function for a skilled trade job.
Examples of Work:
Services, washes, oils, and greases light mechanical equipment including cars, trucks, mowers, and tractors.
Assists skilled trades jobs by performing heavy manual operations.
Performs only rough carpentry work in building scaffolds, concrete forms, wooden fences, and shipping crates.
May act as leaderman setting the pace for a group of laborers.
Loads and unloads materials; makes minor repairs to tools; mixes and pours concrete.
Fires and operates an asphalt kettle; occasionally operates a light truck to pick up and deliver spare parts, materials, and equipment.
Operates gasoline pumps and may keep simple records.
May occasionally operate light equipment under close supervision.
Assists in the spraying and eradication of unwanted vegetation.
Fills and sews sacks of commodities, stencils proper markings on bags, and checks weights.
Operates conveyor belts used on loading and unloading barges and ships.
May perform rough sign and other brush and spray painting work.
Repairs and erects metal and wood signs.
Serves as axe man or chairman in a survey team, if necessary.