HIGHWAY DIVISION PROGRAM MANAGER
DIVISION: Community Services
DEPARTMENT: Physical Development – Highway Construction Operations
LOCATION: Scott County Public Works, Jordan, MN
office & field work
OT STATUS: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Supervises & oversees the operations & activities of the highway construction program area in the Physical Development Department; including the coordinating & planning of work, resources, staff, equipment, & timelines to accomplish established goals & objectives.
• Supervises & develops program staff; coaches & mentors.
• Prepares, manages, & monitors functional area budget & work plans; facilitates discussion regarding the sharing of work with other agencies & entities.
• Develops & manages contracts, agreements, consultants, suppliers, & vendors.
• Provides critical judgement in the resolution of major engineering or program level problems & in developing standards & guides for diverse activities. Ensures work projects & processes are provided with required technical direction & oversight.
• Represents Scott County on special committees, with property & business owners, & before governmental bodies.
• Responds to calls regarding highway construction issues such as access issues, right of way, & construction schedules & concerns.
• Provides construction-related technical assistance for traffic & corridor studies.
• Works the days & hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities & tasks.
Requires equivalency of a bachelor’s degree & seven years of related civil engineering &/or transportation construction experience, including two years of supervision and management of professional staff. Registration as a Professional Engineer is preferred. Incumbent shall possess a valid driver’s license for the performance of work responsibilities
- 2 years ago - save job
The Humane Society of Scott County (HSSC) is a non-profit organization founded in 1902.
We are one of the thousands of animal shelters...