The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is a multi-modal transportation agency that is responsible for planning, building, operating and maintaining a complex highway system in addition to providing title, registration and driver license services to the general public throughout the state of Arizona. ADOT also operates and maintains the Grand Canyon Airport and publishes the award-winning Arizona Highways magazine. ADOT values its employees, challenges them to continuously improve the way we do business, to meet and exceed the needs of our customers, and to carry out their duties in an ethical manner. Apply today for a chance to become a part of the ADOT team.
HIGHWAY OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN 1
(underfilling Highway Operations Technician 3)
ITD/Prescott District/Wickenburg Maintenance
600 East Wickenburg Way #B, Wickenburg, AZ
This is a classification with promotional opportunities to a HOT 2 then to HOT 3 upon meeting the qualifications for each of the classification levels, completion of probation and recommendation by the supervisor.
Position Description: Performs a broad scope of introductory level highway operational duties related to items such as operation of construction and maintenance type motorized vehicles and equipment, pavement care and preservation, roadside shoulder restoration and repairs, delivery of equipment and materials, snow removal operations, environmental compliance and vehicle and equipment care. May lead in routine work assignments and/or perform more advanced duties in a training capacity. This position responds to emergency callouts within 30 minutes. Overtime will be required; including working nights, weekends and holidays. Travel throughout the Prescott District, Payson, Prescott Valley, Camp Verde and Cordes Junction may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
of vehicles and equipment used in roadway operations and roadside operations.
- Procedures, practices and methods of the operation, preventive maintenance and minor repair
- General knowledge of Federal, State and agency laws, rules, regulations, polices and procedures pertaining to work activities, safety practices and public relations.
- Materials, chemicals, equipment and tools used in work activities and established work methods and standards.
- Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) traffic control for work zones.
- Basic math, English, grammar and computer systems.
- Applying laws, rules, regulations, polices and procedures pertaining to work activities, safety practices and public relations;
- Using proper materials and tools, vehicles and equipment to perform work activities within established work methods;
- Oral and written communication; problem solving and interpersonal relationship.
Ideal Candidate: Will have experience equivalent to Highway Operations Worker, i.e., operations of construction and maintenance type motorized vehicles and equipment that is utilized in highway maintenance with Federal, State, County or private contractors.
- Plan coordinates, analyze, and perform multiple tasks
- Work full-time outdoors in extreme weather conditions on rugged terrain and in hazardous traffic conditions, and spend occasional amount of time away from home base.
Education must be detailed on resume to receive appropriate credit.
- Employment is contingent upon passing a drug test and a medical/physical examination.
- An Arizona Class "A" CDL with N (tanker) endorsement is required at time of appointment. You must indicate CDL with endorsement on resume to be considered for this position.
- High School Diploma or successful completion of a General Education Development (GED) examination.
Note: This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class A Commercial Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete and sign the Driver Form on page 6 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment at the time of interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.12 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving record prior to any offer of employment being made by ADOT. Employment is contingent upon an acceptable MVR.
You must apply on line no later than the close date or first review date of the job announcement at 5:00 p.m., Mountain Standard Time. You will not be able to apply after the close date/time because job posting are removed from the job board at that time, unless other wise specified.
All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
RETIREMENT: This position participates in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)*.
BENEFITS: Comprehensive benefits package includes accrual of sick and vacation leave, and 10 holidays per year; health* and dental insurance*; retirement plan; life insurance; and long-term disability insurance. Optional employee benefits include short-term disability*, deferred compensation, and supplemental life insurance*.
- ASRS enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment, if not already an ASRS member at the time of hire.
Please visit http://www.azdot.gov/Inside_ADOT/HR/Employment.asp to learn more about benefits given to ADOT employees.
- Elective benefits for new employees hired on or after July 20, 2011, will be subject to a 90-day waiting period, except for transfers from other State agencies or who regularly worked for the State of Arizona within 2 years prior to the date of hire.
To submit your resume for consideration, please hit the "APPLY" button below
Pref1, Pref2, Pref3, Pref4
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: ADOT
State of Arizona - 2 years ago